Treasure Trooper Review: Is It A Scam or A Real GPT Website?
Links & ads you may click on this blog pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting!
Chances are you spend way too much time on the internet like yours truly. But imagine if you could actually get paid for using the internet. Well, there are websites like Treasure Trooper that pay you to do what you normally do every day. Maybe you have gone through a couple of Treasure Trooper reviews, but you're still on the fence about its legitimacy.
Well, fortunately for you we've done the research on TreasureTrooper.com. If you'd like to know the good, bad and ugly, you're in the right place. So let’s get cracking!
What is Treasure Trooper?
Treasure Trooper found at TreasureTrooper.com is a Get Paid To website where apparently you can earn cash by completing tasks like answering surveys, shopping and completing offers. Treasure Trooper has been around since 2005, although information about who owns it remains unknown.
How Does Treasure Trooper Work?
Like most GPT (Get Paid To) or reward websites, Treasure Trooper claims to help people like you and I to earn money via various online activities such as:
- Shopping online
- Completing Offers (aka signing up for products or services).
- Taking Surveys
- Watching Videos
- Web Searching
- Playing Games
You can also use the referral system to rake in more bucks. Whatever way you choose to earn, you need to reach the minimum payout threshold of $20 to cash out. Did you earn for the same activities on sites like Swagbucks.com or Fusioncash.com as well? Now you do!
How Do I Sign Up for Treasure Trooper?
You need to visit their homepage. Once there you'll need to register for a FREE account by providing your email, full name, address, password and country. To confirm you're real, they will then send you a confirmation link to the email you gave. After confirming your email, you will be credited with a dollar and you can log in to Treasure Trooper and start completing tasks to earn.
Treasure Trooper appears to be international. But you have to be age 13 and above to sign up though.
How Much Money Can I Make With Treasure Trooper?
The quick answer is that it will vary. It depends on how much work you put in and how many tasks are available for the day. However, we can give you an idea of how much you can earn for each task down below.
- Offers – This is by far the best way to earn fast. Offers can earn you anywhere between $.50 to $50. However, some offers require your credit card information.
- Shopping – for every $5 you spend, you will receive a Treasure Trooper Gold Coin, which is basically virtual currency, of which you can redeem for gift cards, prizes and such.
- Surveys – There are usually 8 surveys available to complete. If you qualify to participate, you can earn up to $1 per survey.
- Completing tasks – Treasure Trooper will continually bring up tasks to complete throughout the day, including watching videos, playing games, web searching and filling out forms. These tasks collectively can earn you up to $3 within 24 hours.
- Referral Program – Treasure Trooper’s referral program is quite detailed, of which we shall cover in the next section
If you like the idea of earning for activities like this, then you may want to check out sites like Swagbucks.com or Fusioncash.com as well. Or if the pay doesn't sound like it's worth your time, then you may want to check out My Top Work At Home Recommendation to earn a full time or part time income.
How Does The Treasure Trooper Referral Program Work?
Treasure Trooper uses a four-tier referral program. How much you earn in commissions from your referrals depends on how many you can gather.
- Bronze – At this level you earn 20% of your direct referrals’ earnings and 5% of your indirect referrals earnings. After getting 5 active referrals you will graduate to Silver level.
- Silver – At this level you get all the incentives of the Bronze level plus 5 cents for every daily survey your referrals complete. Once you get 50 active referrals you will be upgraded to Gold level.
- Gold – You receive all the benefits of bronze and silver. However, your commissions increase from 5 cents to 7 cents for every daily survey your referrals complete. You also get $1 for each new referral going forward. Once you reach the 300 referral mark you will be promoted to Diamond.
- Diamond – You get all the benefits of all lower levels, your commissions rise to 10 cents. You also get $5 every time any of your referrals cashes out for the first time. You also get a $300 bonus.
Treasure Trooper defines an ‘’active referral’’ as one who signed up after 1st May 2012 and has earned a minimum $5.
If you feel like you should earn more than what we've laid out here, you may want to check out My Top Work At Home Recommendation.
How Much Is Treasure Trooper Virtual Currency Worth?
You can earn Gold Coins each time you complete an offer or a task that pays cash.
- Up to $3 – One gold coin
- $3-$8 – Two gold coins
- $8-$15 – Three gold coins
- $15-$20 – Four gold coins
You can use these gold coins to buy treasure map pieces or journals, which is basically a euphemism for more cash rewards.
How Do I Get Paid With Treasure Trooper?
Treasure Trooper pays either through Check or PayPal, once you reach the $20 milestone. Checks take longer to process, and arrive between the 15th and 20th of every month. PayPal is faster, and sometimes instant.
You can also opt to redeem your money for gifts, cheap electronics or coupons at the site’s ‘’Mabutu’s Trading Hut’’
What We Like About Treasure Trooper
It’s available in several countries
Treasure Trooper unlike several other reward sites is available in most countries worldwide. To see if your country is eligible, just go through the sign up process and where you see a ‘’country’’ drop down menu, scroll through to see if your country is listed.
Several ways to earn
Unlike a survey site where you can only make money by answering surveys, with reward sites like Treasure Trooper you have multiple ways to earn that should work with your needs. Check out sites like Swagbucks.com or Fusioncash.com as well for multiple ways to earn!
Worthwhile referral system
Let's Cut The Crap!
The referral system is one of the best I’ve come across. If you manage to get to the top tier, you can rake in a couple of Benjamins every month.
Treasure Trooper Complaints
Well, until this point, everything has sounded sweet. But we wouldn't be doing our job if we didn't break down the complaints against treasure trooper. So here they are:
You need money to make money
Offers that pay you the most usually require your credit card information. Because you're being paid to do a trial offer that you can cancel. So that requires a credit card. You need to be very organized so you know when to cancel otherwise you may end up losing money instead of making it.
No BBB Listing
For some people a Better Business Bureau is like a gold seal. If you don't have one, they don't want to work with you. So if that's you, you won't be happy that Treasure Trooper doesn't have a listing with the BBB.
Fortunately, there are sites like Swagbucks.com and Fusioncash.com that do have a positive BBB rating. You can also check out My Best Work At Home Recommendation which has a good rating with the BBB as well and can help you earn a full time income.
Is this the 90s?
Every time I visit the TreasureTrooper.com website, I'm reminded how much better websites look now. Apparently TreasureTropper likes to keep it old school and their website design reflects this.
‘’I simply want money, buddy’’
The site is too confusing! One Treasure minute you are earning money, the next minute you’re being given gems and gold coins. The Treasure Trooper’s crediting system is not standard, and it’s not clear what task earns you what; money or coins.
Is Treasure Trooper A Scam?
Treasure Trooper is not a scam, based on what most people have to say about it. The BBB issue may be a deal breaker for some. But overall they don't seem to have a lot of red flags or complaints.
However, if there are things about this company that don't appeal to you, there are other sites like Swagbucks.com and Fusioncash.com where you earn doing more or less the same stuff. If you prefer another way to earn money online besides what you’ve just read, check out My Top Work At Home Recommendation.
As always, we would love to know your thoughts on Treasuretrooper.com, or any other GPT website in the comments section below.
Until next time,
Eddy with a Y