3 Little Known Sneaky Ways To Save Money on Your Grocery Bill!
Links & ads you may click on this blog pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting!
When you are looking at your budget and searching for ways to save money, there's no escaping the grocery bill. The reality is everyone has to eat and that can’t be automated by computers yet. lol It's a necessary expense and takes up a big percentage of our income. So obviously finding ways to save money on your grocery bill will enable you to have more money in your pocket.
But did you know saving money on groceries can also be good for your health? By eliminating unnecessary snacks and treats from your budget, and more carefully planning meals, you can also eliminate some unnecessary unhealthy foods at the same time. In many cases, sticking to your budget can also mean sticking to your diet and nutrition goals as well. It's a win-win.
Here are some great ways to save money on your grocery bill.
Instacart found at InstaCart.com is a same-day grocery delivery service that operates throughout the United States, and recently started serving Toronto and Vancouver in Canada.
How does it work?
Instacart primarily works through the Instacart app, available for iOS and Android devices. By the way, did you know you can get paid for downloading apps like this on sites like Swagbucks.com, FusionCash.com & InboxDollars.com? Well, now you do.
In any event, after you download Instacart, you log in and choose a store, and fill a shopping cart. You can add additional stores to your delivery for an additional fee, so a single order could include items from Whole Foods and CVS, for example.
You choose your delivery window and can have your groceries delivered in an hour or two, which is often as much time as it might take you to go grocery shopping yourself. Using the app, you can see items being added to your groceries in real time, along with any substitutions or price adjustments.
How does Instacart save money on your grocery bill?
People who use the app often do find that their grocery bill goes down. Instacart eliminates impulse shopping and last-minute add-ons, helping you resist the temptation of unhealthy snacks in the checkout aisle.
For parents, it can be time-consuming and frustrating to have a child at the grocery store who wants candy or a toy. So Instacart removes that annoyance. With Instacart, your groceries are always exactly what you planned for your meals, and always exactly what you budgeted for them.
The main way to save is by using Instacart’s promo codes. These are promotional offers which customers can use when checking out. It can include free deliveries and a discount on your order.
If you’re looking for other ways to reduce that grocery bill, you can also try sites like Ebates. They allow you to earn cash back on your purchases which you can use to offset your grocery bill.
- Saves time
- Makes planning and budgeting easier
- Reduces impulse purchases
- Saves on your gas bill
- Promo codes allow you to get discounts
- Instacart has a service fee, which is waived if you pay the $149 annual membership fee
- It is also customary and expected that you will tip your shopper 5% or more of your order (tips start at $2)
Ibotta is a free app that allows you to get cash back on everyday grocery items. They have also expanded beyond grocery items and you can earn cash back on restaurants, travel, and clothing. But most people primarily use it to get cash back on grocery items that they buy every day.
How does it work?
There are three ways in which you can get cash back:
- Submit a receipt. You will need to view the available offers on the app. Once you have selected your offers, you can go to the participating store and buy your items. As soon as you get home, take a photo of your receipt and upload it via the app. Once it has been reviewed, you should get your cash back into your Ibotta account after 48 hours. Whereas sites like Ebates.com or Swagbucks.com don’t require you to take a photo of your receipt to save.
- Link a loyalty card. Choose one of Ibotta’s preferred partners and add your loyalty card or phone number. You will need to choose which offers you want, go to the store to make your purchases, and present your loyalty card or phone number. The offers will automatically be redeemed, and the cash back will reflect after 48 hours.
- Mobile app purchases. Browse offers from one of Ibotta’s mobile app partners. Once inside the app, click ‘’Shop’’ and then make a qualifying purchase like you normally would. You will get a confirmation about your purchase and rebate.
How does Ibotta save money on your grocery bill?
You basically save money by getting rebates on your grocery purchases. You simply have to go to the store, make sure they give you a receipt, take a photo, and upload it to the Ibotta app. As mentioned earlier, it will take up to 48 hours before seeing your cash back in your Ibotta account.
You can then redeem your cash back when you reach a minimum of $20. At the time of writing this, you can choose to receive payments via PayPal, gift cards, or by getting paid into your Venmo account.
Let's Cut The Crap!
- Free to use
- Cash back on everyday purchases
- Extra bonuses on top of cash back
- Supports major grocery chains and brands
- Have to reach a minimum of $20 before cashing out
Ebates.com is a rewards site that offers its members up to 25% cash back for online shopping purchases at more than 2000 associated stores. They get a commission when one of their members buy something. In turn, they pay their member’s a percentage of the commission.
How does it work?
You can sign up for a free account. Once you have logged in, you can browse the store you want to purchase from. Once you have chosen the store, you can click the ‘’Shop Now’’ button. After you have made your purchase, your account will be credited with the cash back amount.
How does Ebates save money on your grocery bill?
Ebates offers you cash back and coupon codes on your groceries from certain stores such as Costco and Walmart. The cash back on grocery items usually ranges between 1% and 7%. Do your shopping, activate your cash back, and wait for your account to be credited. If you do a lot of online grocery shopping, you could be cutting your grocery bill down quite a lot each month. Keep in mind though that Ebates makes payments on a quarterly basis.
- Cash back on items you would have bought anyway
- You know your exact cash back amount before purchasing
- Customer support responds to queries quickly
- Missed payments seems to be a common complaint but their customer support usually handles this issue quickly
- You have to wait 3 months to receive your rebates cash.
Can you really save money on your grocery bill?
In some cases switching from in-person food shopping to online food shopping helps you stick to your budget and avoid last-minute, impulse purchases. Often those impulse purchases are less-than-healthy snack foods, so it's just as well to stay away from them. When looking to save money on groceries, you could also try sites like Ebates and Swagbucks.com, which offer coupons, cashback and discounts that can help reduce your grocery bill. Ebates even offer a double cash back if you buy at certain stores.
You could also try the Ibotta app. This allows you to save on your grocery bill and other non-grocery items. They just require you to take a photo of your slip and send it to them, so they can give you cash back or a gift card.
Ultimately you have a few easy ways you can save on your grocery bill every month. It’s up to you to pick which ones work the best for you.
Until next time,
Eddy “with a y”