Clixsense Review: A Former PTC Scam or A Legit GPT Site?
This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads. But “Eddy with a y” only personally recommends companies I trust and researched.
The internet can be a good and bad place depending on your thought process. The reality is we all probably spend way too much time on it. Some people would say that is a horrible thing. It makes us less connected to each other, blah blah. I'm on the other side of the fence because I know you can make money using the internet. Chances are, you are aware of this and you've looked around the web at Clixsense Reviews. Well, if you want to know the truth about this company read my no holes barred review. You may not like what you read, but it will be real.
What is Clixsense?
Clixsense.com started off as a PTC (Paid To Click) website back in 2007. It was not until July 17th 2017 that they changed their business model to a GPT (Get Paid To) or reward website. The website now allows users to earn through taking surveys, completing online tasks and various other things you probably already do online. The website is owned, managed by Mr. James Grago currently headquartered in Hampstead, North Carolina.
How Does Clixsense Work?
How To Earn With Clixsense
At the time of this review, there are basically five ways to earn with Clixsense currently, including
- Taking surveys – The availability of the surveys and pay per survey depends largely on location and your personal demographics including age, gender, the amount of household income etc.
- Completing ClixSense offers – These are offers from their sponsors and advertisers which range from creating a free account on a site to doing some online shopping. Each offer has its cash reward. Obviously some offers pay more than others depending on what is involved on your end.
- ClixSense Daily Bonus – Every day the website has a bonus program where an offer or a task will appear, often with a higher payout than normal. The offer might appear at any time during the day and will expire at a certain point.
- Referring others to ClixSense – You will receive a small percentage of your referral’s earnings every time they complete a task, survey or offer. This can easily add up depending on how good you are at referring to people.
- Completing Crowdflower tasks – the system allows you to earn by following a set of web-based instructions. Some of these tasks require some sort of on-the-spot training. Tasks could be classifying products, getting information from the internet or sharing sentiments about a particular tweet, etc. Once you complete the task you will be credited with the indicated amount instantly.
How much can I make with Clixsense?
The website makes it clear that there is no way to determine how much one can make with Clixsense. The variables are too many to accurately determine this.
With variables such as how often you log in, your demographics, your referrals, availability of the tasks, surveys and offers, all contribute to how much you can earn.
However, we can narrow down the basics. So, potentially this is how much you can make.
Surveys – survey availability and payout largely depends on your country of residence. The website categorizes developed countries like the US, UK and some European countries as Tier 1. The rest are Tier 2. If you belong to a Tier 1 country, a survey can earn you anywhere from $0.8 to $5 per survey. If you belong to a Tier 2 country, you can earn anywhere from $0.3 to $2.5 per survey.
Offers and tasks – Depending on availability, offers and tasks, typically pay you anywhere from a few cents to $7.
Referrals – the amount you earn through your referrals depends on how much they earn, as you will receive a small percentage, usually 10% of their earnings.
To qualify for payout, you must complete have earned at least $10. It takes 2-5 business days for your payment to process.
Did you know you can earn doing the same things at Swagbucks.com and Fusioncash.com? You can also always check out My Best Work At Home Recommendation if you're looking to make a full-time or part-time type of income.
How Do I Join Clixsense?
Joining is free, all you need to have is an active email account and a payment medium, you will use to cash out your earnings.
How Does Clixsense Pay You?
At the time of this review once you reach the $10 threshold, you can request for payment through any of the following mediums:
- Payoneer – includes a $2 (One Time Fee) and it takes 2 To 5 Business Days to process
- Skrill – includes a 1% fee for every payout and takes 2 To 5 Business Days to process
- Tango Card – no service charge, and it takes 2 To 5 Business Days to process
- Payza – 2.9% processing fee + ($0.30 – $4.00) additional fees, and it takes 2 To 5 Business Days to process
- Check – (US And Canada Only) $1.00 service charge applies, however first time is free, payment arrives on or before 10th each month.
Clixsense Tips, Tricks & Hacks
Clixsense will not make you rich, but there are a few tweaks you can use to maximize your earning potential including
Get as many referrals as possible – A great way to improve your earnings is letting others do it for you. You can advertise your referral link through a blog, on Quora, through social media, or just some other way you can think of.
Complete Clixsense tasks, lots of them – Unlike surveys, Clixsense tasks do not filter out users by geographical location. It’s clear that the website’s top earners owe their success to tasks and offers.
Customize your survey profile to qualify for more earnings. You can bend the truth to your favor. Just make sure you don’t get hurt while they are processing your payment. It would be ill-advised to lie about your gender, but details about your household setup need not be entirely true.
Use the ClixAddon. This browser extension assists you to track the status of your profile and notifies you when new surveys, tasks and offers are available.
And remember there are other fish in the sea if Clixsense doesn't appeal to you. You can look into Swagbucks.com or Fusioncash.com as alternatives. My Top Work At Home Recommendation is also a great option if you need to make a substantial income.
What We Like About Clixsense
Free to join
Let's face it, so many so called work at home opportunities try to charge you ridiculous amounts of money to earn money. Fortunately, with Clixsense you don't have that issue since it's free to join and use the site.
For those of you that think the Better Businesses Bureau is the be and end all, you'll be happy to know that Clixsense’s BBB Rating is an A- at the time of this review.
Available in several countries
You can access Clixsense in almost every other country in the world. You might also want to check whether the payment options are available in your country. This is a great benefit for my international brothers and sisters that are often left out of great online money making opportunities.
You knew this was coming, including what the website does not want you to know, and what they don’t think matters much. But we all know they do, including
PayPal is by far the easiest online payment method, but if you choose to earn the Clixsense way, brace yourself for the much harder, less convenient to use payment options. At one time they did offer this option but it looks like PayPal wasn't a fan of their old PTC business model. Hopefully PayPal will now have a change of heart since Clixsense has eliminated the PTC element.
What's The Best Way To Work At Home?Did you know there are various ways to make money online besides what you're currently reading? Check out some of my best and FREE work at home recommendations below.
- How "Eddy with a Y" made over $63,928.59 At Home Without A Damn Job!
- Earn Up to $22 Per Hour Teaching English To Children Online!
- Top BBB Rated Work At Home Opportunity
- How To Get Paid To Use The Web!
It’s tedious to earn
The surveys that pay well take a little over an hour to earn, so you might just have to shilly-shally your way through the surveys only to discover they were not worth the time spent on them.
Little or no surveys for Tier 2 earners
Clixsense could be global, but your luck quickly runs out if you don’t belong to the tier 1 community.
Prone to account suspensions
There are many complaints that the website refuses payment if it is discovered that you are accessing your account in different locations, or activating browser data-managers like Chrome Data Save. The reality is that some people are engaged in shady behavior and Clixsense has to protect itself and its users. So I take these complaints with a grain of salt. I've been with them for years and never had this issue.
Is Clixsense A Scam?
No. Clixsense is not a scam. They have been around for many years and were one of the few legitimate PTC sites out there. The numerous success stories out there legitimize their operations. The truth is you can earn a decent amount with the website. However, it takes time to earn, especially if you don’t belong to any of the Tier 1 countries.
That all said, I think Clixsense has made some great changes that will allow it to grow and make more money for its members. It's now a real get paid or reward site. It has shed the stench associated with PTCs and continue to evolve by offering their members various ways legitimate ways to earn now. If they can start offering PayPal again and gift cards as a reward option, I think it will really bring the site to the next level.
All in all, it’s still worthwhile in my opinion, if you're looking to make some extra money. If you couple it with sites like Swagbucks.com and Fusioncash.com it can really add up quickly to some decent money. However, if you're not a fan of sites like this then check out My Best Work At Home Recommendation.
Well, that’s my Clixsense review. Feel free to chime in questions and comments below.
Until next time,
Eddy with a y