I just caught a video clip on Yahoo News showing how a shark ripped in half the board of a female surfer in Australia. It was troubling to say the least. But apparently there are some other kind of dangerous sharks Down Under; the kind that does not swim in the calm seas around the famous Barrier Reef, but dwells in the Internet.
They are not interested in chasing swimmers or biting surf boards to little pieces. They are out to prey on the unsuspecting folks like you and I that are trying to find legitimate ways to make money online.
As bait they are using programs or systems that supposedly will make you immensely rich in no time at all, with hardly any work to do, and try to lure you into their trap and relieve you of your hard earned money.
With that in mind a little while ago I came across two products created by Matt Lloyd from Australia. He named his creations “My Online Business Empire (MOBE)” and “My Top Tier Business (MTTB)“. So let's dig into my MOBE Review & MTTB Review to see if you'll need a lifeguard to save you from their opportunity.
What is MOBE and What is MTTB?
It's a bit confusing, but MOBE is kind of an umbrella company and affiliate section of Matt Lloyd's business. You can join MOBE as an affiliate, promote several products and receive a 50% or 90% commission per sale.
Whereas, MTTB is a “Top Tier Licensing and Coaching program” within MOBE according to their website. You will have to “apply” to become a member and “if successful in your application”, you will receive 90% commissions on selected MOBE products.
They also say that “some of these products you will own, depending on your position within the program!“.
MOBE seems to be on the up-and-up with an affiliate program like many other companies.
However MTTB is a completely different case in my mind. Reading the official definition of MTTB raised the hair on the back of my head and my internal scam alarm went off. But let's be fair and take a closer look into this program, shall we?
A Close Look at My Top Tier Business (MTTB).
MTTB is basically a 21-step training course that supposedly teaches you how to make money online. You can acquire the licenses to high converting “done for YOU” products and sales funnels.
You will also get a personal coach who will guide you through the course, helps you to create a business plan and provides help and support.
After the 21-step training, you then will get a 30-day traffic generating training, with certain tasks to complete and personal consultation from your personal coach via Skype.
After completion of the training you are ready to rock'n roll and all you have to do is sending traffic to different products via various sales funnels.
Applying for MOBE/MTTB Membership
If you decide to jump in and give it a try, you MUST first apply for the membership. There is $49.00 application fee you have to pay, and a rather detailed application form to fill out.
They want to know stuff like ….
- Your business experience (if you have any)
- Your professional experience
- Your current income and income goals
- Your strengths & weaknesses
They claim these questions are important for your coach to design individual coaching for you.
Important: You also have to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) so MTTB can protect their business model. That means that you cannot legally reveal any specifics about the program.
Your MTTB Application Has Been Approved
Of course your application will not be denied. You already paid $49.00, which is refundable by the way. But before you can start with the training, you need to do 3 things first.
- Call your coach and book a time for the first Skype call. Also send an email as well to let them know you are ready to start.
- Check your email for login details to MTTB, your coaches contact details and contact Linda if you don't receive an email within 5 minutes
- Notice that the 21-steps are locked until you completed No 1 & No 2 (if necessary)
But now you are ready to start the 21-steps, followed by the 30-day traffic generation training.
Once you completed your training and send traffic to your sales funnels, you are able to promote and sell a variety of MOBE products. The prices of the products range from as little as $9.95 to several hundred dollars, and you will receive 50% commission.
For example, if someone buys a digital product for $120.00, you will get $60.00. MOBE sales staff will follow up on your sales via email, phone calls and USPS mail to UPSELL other products to your customers.
This Is What You Get With MTTB
- 21-step internet marketing training
- 30-day traffic generation training
- A personal coach
- Roughly 40 different products to promote and sell
- Shipping & payment processing will be handled by MOBE, as well as customer service
- Sales staff that follow up your sales and generate more income for you
- Webinars and coaching sessions as needed
So What's The Catch With My Top Tier Business?
Glad that you asked because there is a catch. Take a look at the sign-up page below and Matt Lloyd's “Guarantee” and the claims how much money you will make.
It's absolutely realistic that you can and will make “a commission” within 30 days after completing the training. However, the question is how much a commission you really make selling one of the MOBE products.
If you sell a $10.00 ebook, you make a commission. Correct? It will be just $5.00 to be precise, but it is indeed a commission. So it's highly unlikely that Matt has to pony up and pay you $500.00 CASH for his silly bet.
Then he claims that YOU, “with no prior experience“, will make commissions of $1,000, $3,000 and even $5,000 (with only ONE sell, respectively)!
And this is why this MOBE & MTTB thing is very controversial. The focus of the work you do shifts from Affiliate Marketing, selling products that people WANT and USE, to joining their MLM opportunity.
You see, as a rep of MTTB you will not sell a tangible product, but rather recruit new members into the different levels of the MTTB “opportunity”. Let me show you how the system works.
- Level 1: Apply for MOBE Membership – Price: $49.00
At this level you are an affiliate and can sell MOBE products for a commission (50% + 90%)
- Level 2: MOBE License Rights – Price: 1,997, can be paid in 2 installments + $99.00/month. At this level you are allowed to recruit new members and sell them the MLR. Your commission will be $1,000
- Level 3: Titanium – Price: $8,997 + $199.00/month. Your commission $3,000
- Level 4: Platinum – Price: 14,997.00 + $299/month. Your commission $5,000
Levels 2 – 4 come with more training and, I must admit, a lot of valuable information and perks like “Event Meetings” at luxury resorts. Matt Lloyd cooked up a complicated point system that rewards top recruiters with a brand new mid-size Mercedes Benz.
The Pros & Cons of MOBE & MTTB
- Lots of MOBE products to sell as an affiliate (about 40, some good, some crappy)
- The potential to make a lot of money….if you can sell the high priced “products”
- The owner Matt Lloyd is active in the community
- You can interact and communicate with other members
- The MTTB aspect feels more like a pyramid scheme in my opinion. You will make your money NOT by selling tangible products or services, but by recruiting new members into the scheme.
- MOBE License Rights is going to be a dhard sale. What good does the license do you if you cannot find any people that will buy the rights from you?
- The extraordinary prices for levels 2 -4 of MTTB. If you position yourself for each level, you will be spending in excess of $25,000.
- In order to receive the commission for a particular level, you MUST pay the price for this level first. If you are at the MLR level and recruit a person that buys into the Platinum level, you receive commission for MLR level ($1.000) ONLY! The commissions for Titanium level ($3000) and Platinum level ($5,000) will be passed upwards through your upline to the nearest person who has positioned themselves at the Platinum level.
- You need to look at the MTTB compensation plan to fully understand how the high cost and recurring fees are used to force you into high pressure recruiting.
- The training teaches you ONLY how to promote MTTB.
- You will be required to travel to different event meetings, conferences and seminars; accommodations for two paid by MTTB (that's actually a good thing, but you payed for it with the recurring fees).
- It is a well know fact that less than 4% of all members of MLM networks like MTTB make a significant amount of money. The rest make very little (if any at all) and most people lose their investment (take a look at the Empower Network Income Disclosure)
The Bottom Line About MOBE and MTTB
If you consider joining Matt Lloyd's enterprise, you need to be fully aware of “what exactly you will be doing”. Selling MOBE products as an affiliate and receiving 50% or 90% commissions sounds like a good idea. Particularly since it will cost you only $49.00 to become an affiliate.
However, when you take a close look at the products in the MOBE catalog (again, check the compensation plan), you have to ask yourself if these are really things that a lot of people need and buy. I have serious doubts that you can make a livable income doing that.
In order to make the big bucks, you will have to “upgrade” your status and join the MTTB Pyramid Scheme. Is it worth to invest $25,000 up front plus a few hundred in monthly fees (but who is counting) to “buy a dream” and the try to sell this dream to other people?
Because this is what you will be doing. Buying and selling the dream of becoming rich. This is not going to be easy. How many people do you know that will shell out 5 or 10 or 15 grand for a “NO PRODUCT” product?
So Is MOBE and MTTB a SCAM?
Definition of legal MLM: The company's profits come mainly from the sales of products and services by the distributor. Perhaps some percentage of income from sales by downline/mlm recruits but this should be much less than 50%.
Definition of illegal MLM: Most of the profits of this company come from new recruits and bonuses that come from this constant flow of new people that join the company.
I will let you be the judge if it is a scam or just an unethical business. Personally, I see some potential in selling MOBE products only. However the MTTB part of the business gives me the heebie jeebies and I would pass on it.
What's a Safe FREE alternative to MOBE and MTTB?
Obviously, you are looking for an opportunity to make money online. If anything about the MOBE or MTTB opportunity didn't sit right with you there are other options. You may want to check out My Top FREE Work At Home Recommendation. I can't tell you if it's the right thing for you. Ultimately you can decide for yourself after you have take a “test ride”, so to speak.
It's absolutely FREE to look behind the doors of WA, so come on in. You have nothing to lose.
That's it for today, folks.
So did you enjoy my MOBE and MTTB review? I would love to hear your opinion, so chime in and leave a comment below.
Thanks for stopping by
Eddy with a y