MyPoints Review: Is It Legit?
Links & ads you may click on this blog pay the bills & keep this site free for you. Thanks for supporting!
Is it just me? But do you feel you spend way too much time on the internet? I know I do. I'm pretty much on the web via my smartphone or laptop from morning to the evening. However, I have an excuse, I make a living being online. There are a lot of you that are just online wasting time on activities that can actually make you money. If that sounds interesting to you, then you'll want to read this MyPoints Review. So stop surfing the web for a bit and read it below.
What is MyPoints?
Mypoints.com was started in 2004. It is basically a FREE website where its members can join and earn rewards for various online activities like FusionCash.com & Swagbucks.com. We'll get into the activities later in the review. In order to become a member, you need a valid email address that you must confirm. Furthermore, you must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada and at least 18 years of age.
How Do You Make Money With MyPoints?
As mentioned above, Mypoints.com rewards its members for online activities such as reading emails, playing games, online surveys, printing out coupons among other things. They pay their members using their own currency known as “Points”. Now you know why the company is called MyPoints and no, it's not rocket science. Swagbucks.com works in the same way, instead they use Swagbucks. In any event, these points can be redeemed for online gift cards, cash via Paypal, and travel miles, etc. The minimum payout amount for most rewards is $10; however, PayPal payments start at $25. Redemption times for your awards vary. When you redeem your points for cash via Paypal, the request is usually processed within 4-5 days. For other prizes, the wait time varies.
What are points worth in real money?
So we've done a lot of yapping about points. You may be wondering what they all mean in terms of real money that you can use? So let's break this down and what you can expect to earn for certain activities. If you wanted to redeem a $10 gift card, the range of points you need is around 1400-1700. This all depends on the choice of store that you choose to redeem your gift card. At the time of this review the minimum PayPal cash out of $25 requires that you accumulate 4550 points! So this gives you a range of what's necessary for the smallest reward amounts. Now let's break down what you can expect to earn per activity to reach the payout minimums.
- Shopping: Mypoints has an area on their site where you can shop online with brand name stores. If you go through their shopping links to your favorite stores, you earn a certain percentage back. It varies depending on what you buy, the store you use and how much money you spend. But in general this translates to around 2 points per every dollar spent on shopping. They have partnerships with many of the stores you're accustomed to. So it's pretty easy to rack up points this way.
- Reading emails: Clicking on the links within my points emails earn you 5 points, which is about $0.035 per email. Going through each email takes less than 15 seconds.
- Surveys: Most of the time your opinions aren't worth squat regardless what you think. But with MyPoints, each survey is worth about 50 points, which translates to $0.35. These surveys are normally short and do not take more than ten minutes to complete. Unfortunately, you may start a survey, but fail to qualify. No need to fret, because you still manage to earn 10 points, which is equal to $0.07.
- Easy points: This is an additional way of earning points. The site gives you random offers that you can either reject or accept depending on your interest. You still earn 5 points, regardless of the answer you choose, which is $0.035.
- Search: You can also accumulate points at Mypoints.com by searching the internet. The points earned depends on the number of searches that you complete in a month. For 11 to 25 searches, you earn 10 points while searches above 41 earn you 100 points.
- Videos: Every video watched earns you 1 point with a daily limit of 10 videos. Videos are normally 1 to 3 minutes long with an ad just before it starts.
My Points Cheats
So are you a sneaky member trying to figure out a way to cheat MyPoints to earn faster? Well, here are some legit tips that can help you do this without getting your account banned.
Mypoints has a toolbar download known as MyPoints Score which is a browser extension tool bar which will alert you if you're on a partner site where you can earn points. This will help you earn points that may have been lost if you didn't remember to shop using a MyPoints Partner.
Why do the work of earning points when you can refer others? Mypoints has a referral program that allows you to get paid for the work of others. Any person that you refer to mypoints that actually joins earns you 25 points. You also get 10% of any earnings that they make on the site.
Customer Service or lack there of…
It's inevitable that you'll run into issues sometimes. Most companies have people that are there to answer your questions. But apparently that doesn't seem to be the case with MyPoints of recent. Folks have reported reaching out to MyPoints regarding issues with their accounts, but are being ignored.
Don't quit your day job….
I don't know if you noticed earlier in my review the various ways to earn and their pay scale. Well, just in case you missed, it's not life changing income. You're definitely not going to be able to quit your job working MyPoints.com. It's geared towards earning a little extra income.
Give me the credit I deserve, damn it!
Some folks have complained that they are receiving credit for certain activities like watching videos etc. And if you complain, you're accused of cheating the system. I don't know what to make of these complaints because I'm sure some are valid or it may be a result of technical issues. So it's hard to pinpoint who's right or not in every situation. But it's definitely a concern nonetheless, and a common complaint with many rewards based sites like MyPoints.com.
So Is MyPoints A Scam?
From what I gathered it use to be a great site back in the day when they first started. But recently things seem to have changed from good to worse. The complaints of poor communication, missing points, or even having your account shut down indefinitely without proper grounds once you request payment is troubling to see the least. So from my standpoint, I wouldn't feel comfortable giving this a shot or even recommending it at this juncture. Maybe things will change back to the good old days. But at the time of this review, I wouldn't mess with it. So for now you may want to look into Swagbucks.com and FusionCash.com as alternative options.
However, that's my two cents, I'd love to hear your thoughts. So please chime in below and leave a comment.
What's An Alternative to MyPoints?
If you read anything about MyPoints.com that makes you feel it's not for you, I can't even blame you. But all is not lost. There are other alternatives for people that are looking to make real money that can replace or supplement your income. If you understand that making money online still takes time and work, then I would recommend looking into my Top Free Work At Home Recommendation. It's what helped me earn a full time income from home. I'm confident it can help you as well provided you have patience, willingness to work and learn. If that's you then this is for you.
That said, I don't limit the ways I make money online and neither should you. I'm a strong believer in multiple streams of income so I also personally teach you other ways to make money via my popular Work At Home Courses. So you should check those out as well.
I hope you enjoyed this review. Feel free to leave a comment down below before you leave.
Eddy with a y