Is InboxDollars.com A Scam?

Inboxdollars.com is one of the few original get paid to read email companies that were launched in the late 90's. The concept of getting paid to read emails was revolutionary back then but not as much today. Seems like every where you turn there are new get paid to read email programs like InBoxDollars.com springing up every week. But the major difference is they tend to go out of business as fast as they came in. I've been a member of InboxDollars.com for several years. At the time I was really into get paid programs as a way to earn some extra money on the side. I'm not as active with these programs anymore because I've since evolved into running sites like this one. But when I was involved Inboxdollars.com I was definitely making some money.

The thing you have to keep in mind about any get paid program is that you'll never get rich or earn a lot of money doing just one program. You can get paid for reading emails with Inboxdollars.com but don't expect to make enough to support your family. The key with get paid programs is to do many of them at once to earn a decent income. And if you really want to make big money without doing anything then you should refer others to get paid programs. Honestly that's where the big money is. But that being said you can still earn some money reading emails for Inboxdollars.com but I doubt it's the money they're claiming.

In most cases you'll get emails paying you a few cents. It's not much but it's something. If you're doing several programs like this then this all adds up. So as long as you go in there with a proper expectation you won't be disappointed. I think people are quick to call get paid programs like Inboxdollars.com a scam because they set unrealistic expectations as to how much they would be earning. And the way the companies promote the programs may have something to do with that. But  I wouldn't call Inboxdollars.com a scam because you do actual earn money albeit little.

I've read some other reviews about this program and I can't help but chuckle at the cynical nature of some of my fellow blogging counterparts. They'd have you believe this program is a scam because you're not making a boat load of money. Maybe it's just me, but most people I know that are looking to work at home or make money online are very happy making some money.  So I don't know how Inboxdollars.com can be referred to as a scam when you do actually earn money with the program. Maybe I need to be more cynical to understand this?

So, does this program work? Yes it does. Do I recommend Inboxdollars.com, Yes I do! But only if you plan to make it one of the many get paid programs you would be involved in. If you have realistic expectation of get paid programs and understand that the real money comes from participating in many of them at once and/or referring others, then eventually you can earn some big money! So give Inboxdollars.com a try and in addition to other get paid programs. I feel confident if you follow this strategy you will eventually earn a decent amount of money from home.

At the end of the day programs like Inboxdollars.com are free to join and you might as well get paid for something you do anyway which reading email!

Companies are looking for consumer opinions from people like you! Since 1999, SurveySavvy® has been directly connecting you with those companies an...
We’re an entrepreneurial business set up with the idea that internet advertising should pay you for viewing and clicking on ads. Our two founders s...
Hits4pay is an Internet advertising network sharing it’s advertising revenue with it’s members. We have advertisers all over the world who are will...
Our webmasters are currently looking for online workers to help get their websites off the ground by increasing online engagement. So we’re recruit...
Fusion Cash, a Better Business Bureau Accredited company is looking for web workers to fill out free offer forms of various products and services o...

Comments

1. Jennah Lynn says

I receive about 4 emails a day, give or take. I’ve only been on this site for about 2 months, and already made $50. If you’re going to freaking complain about free money, get off the computer and go get a job.

2. Alisa says

I have been part of this one site and no they only send 1 email a week and 2 cents is just not really worth visiting daily and I did email them asking why I only get 1 email a week and they have never responded(this is a new account, since they deleted my other one, it was I was only able to visit 1/2 a month since not always remembering I had the account, did earn 1 check that was it).

I had the opposite experience. What a scam! I spent a couple of years reading their paid emails only to be downgraded to weekly emails (because I was apparently not spending any money on their sponsors!) and then to no emails. At that point, I decided to cash out only to find out that in order to cash out you had to have an active account. That is an account where you are basically receiving the emails … which I no longer was.

(Un)helpful links showed me other ways to remain active (1, spend money; 2. complete surveys, etc.) so on my second request for a payout (on the same money) I decided to do a survey just before the pay out processing date so that my account would be active and my check processed. Any guesses as to whether I received a check? Nope.

So, third try, I contact customer service directly to find out EXACTLY what I need to do to have an active account on the processing date so that I can receive a CHECK. I get the runaround with several responses to look at the (Un)helpful links I have already seen, and finally was referred on to some other department who is supposed to be helping me within 24-48 hours.

I already know I’m not getting a check. I wasted my time. DON’T WASTE YOURS. This is a scam company, or as close to it as you can probably get without being sued.

Thanks for sharing your experience. The whole purpose of these websites is for them to make money. They’re definitely not giving money away out of the kindness of their heart. The money is earned when you’re active with their sponsors which pay the bills. So you have to keep that in mind. I think they’re pretty clear on the requirements on how to receive a payment.

Either way, I hope that you do get paid. But most people who have used this company do make money and get paid. They wouldn’t be around as long as they have if they made it a habit of not paying folks.

4. RX159 says

I personally enjoy Inboxdollars and Send Earnings (both sites being owned by the same company), though I usually do the surveys and not the offers, as none of them really appeal to me, in all honesty.

5. Crwn_jhn says

I started late last year made $30 after a long time asked for my money because you cant get it until you earn $30 I did that last november its now march and heard nothing from them stop getting e-mails from them so dont do it there a scam in the works thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience. But it definitely doesn’t seem to represent the norm for most people. But it doesn’t discount what may be happening to you. That being said I don’t believe this company is a scam. They’ve had a long history of payments and have a good rating with the BBB if you care about that stuff.

Thanks for sharing though.

Comments seem to be across the board about Inbox Dollars! I have been with Inbox Dollars since 2006 and I have made $209.96 this year with them so far. They aren’t perfect…it’s definitely not a way to get rich. It IS easy work, though!

7. Larry says

I have had good luck with these guys (as well as SendEarnings). I’ve already received 2 checks from them (although it takes me FOREVER (about a year) to earn enough to cash-out since I tend to only do the e-mails). I’ve noticed that they’ve added a new section where you can get paid to watch videos. So far I’ve been impressed with this part of the site, considering that I’ve joined other Paid to Watch sites that never panned out. It seems like you can usually watch a few videos for 2 cents a piece, so that helps out in reaching that cashout threshold. Plus the videos are from national advertisers, so the production quality of the ads are usually very good, so it’s actually enjoyable to watch them (like watching your favorite Superbowl ads, and getting paid for it!). One added benefit about it is that, if I read their TOS correctly, you can actually get referral income from ref’s that also watch videos. The TOS mentions that you can get credit from ref’s completing “Qualified” offers, which unfortunately e-mail are not considered “qualified”, but as far as I know videos are. This may be the reason why lately I’ve been earning more ref bonuses than I had in the past. And as others have noted, once you cashout the first time, you are automatically considered a Golden Member and get refs for free (which is how I’ve gotten my 3 ref’s).

If you unsure about this opportunity or any others just create a separate valid email address from Yahoo, gmail, etc. You can also get a free number from google voice. Then provide these new accounts when signing up for this opportunity or any other ones you’re sure of.

9. Elizabeth says

The thing I’m worried about with this site being a scam isn’t how much money I’m making, but the results of me giving them my address and phone number, are they going to use this information for ANYTHING other than sending me checks?

10. Inaliandme says

Another thing about this Inbox Dollars..try to find a phone number or an email address that will help you with the issue of not receiving your check…I couldn’t. Just the live chat, which takes you around in circles and then you wait and wait…I think it is a scam and I loved this website..but I never got paid…

11. Inaliandme says

Although it took me a long, long time to make that $30..or what I thought I was making…I finally got to that point and I NEVER received a check. I talked to their live chat several times during Jan., Feb., Mar., 2010..supposedly they sent my check out Jan. 3. Well, after it took me so long to get there, I gave them chances…and I never received my check and I ended my account end of March, as they told me to wait 60 days and they would send another…RIGHT…goodbye Inbox Dollars…hope you all have more luck than I did…

12. CrissieLuckey says

I am a member of Inbox Dollars and I believe they are legit. Their cashout threshold is $30 USD, and they only pay 2 cents/email. But they ARE legit and WILL pay, although it takes LONG time to collect your money and they only pay via paper check.

Don’t expect to earn a living, but they are for real.

13. MaxRyd says

INBOX DOLLARS IS A TOTAL SCAM. BELOW IS A CONVERSATION I JUST HAD WITH THEIR SUPPORT CENTER. IT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF…

Maxine: I have completed a number of surveys, offers and games in the last four days, yet have received no credit for them. Please explain !
    You are now chatting with ‘Fiona’
    Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK164028527154X
    Fiona: Welcome to our live chat service. Please make sure you have added the email address supportcenter@cotterweb.net to your email address book and safe list while I read your query/question
    Fiona: Hi Maxine
    Maxine: Hi Fiona
    Fiona: Your account is credited for completing a Cash Offer as soon as the offer completion is reported.
    Fiona: For most Cash Offers, this process occurs within a few business days. Some cash offers with delayed reporting take up to 30 days to credit to your account.
    Fiona: I request that you please wait 30 days to receive credit. If you do not receive credit in that time, you can contact us again.
    Maxine: Is there a place where i can see what is pending? After completing the offer, survey or game, it’s quickly forgotten. Is Inbox Dollars relying on me to just forget what i did?
    Fiona: you can use the confirmation Email form the offer provider. or keep the date with you.
    Fiona: the offer you take is not from us, but form advertiser
    Fiona: they pay us to pay you
    Fiona: only when the offer is reported we can check it
    Fiona: how ever you can view your earning.
    Maxine: So when do i get paid. I am assuming that you dont deal with unscupulous advertisers… I cant complain to the advertiser, my communication is with you, so i am assuming that you have some responsibility in regards to me
    Fiona: yes, you cannot go to advertiser with 30 days offer offer completion
    Fiona: that is the agreement as mention in the term of member ship
    Maxine: Sorry i did not understand your response
    Fiona: we did you read the term of membership?
    Fiona: Within**
    Fiona: you cannot go to advertiser within** 30 days offer offer completion
    Maxine: Yes, but you still havent answered my question. If i cannot go to the advertiser, then my dealings are with Inbox Dollars. Therefore you are responsible for making sure i dont get scammed, and cannot blame it on the advertiser
    Fiona: did you read the term of membership?
    Maxine: YES
    Fiona: yes, you cannot got to them
    Fiona: as mention in the term of use
    Fiona: Thank you for chatting with me. Please make sure the email address supportcenter@cotterweb.net is in your safe list.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

14. Gizmo says

I just want to add in this.. Inbox dollar has a section called Cash Task… This is a nice section where you can earn from .20 cent to 180 cents per task . I have done a few tasks a day and I make around 2 dollars or less a day if you have the time. Yes Some tasks are too cumbersome to read and do. Do the one that just involve searches such as address names and phone numbers. If it wasnt for cash task, I would have given up entirely!

15. Shyanne says

@evelena:
    Hi Everyone,
    I swear Eddy, I want to scream when people call sites that they have barely given a chance a SCAM!! I have been with Inbox dollars and Sendearnings for over 3 years and they ARE NOT SCAMS. Over the years I’ve checked out the whole site and at other times when I was very busy I just clicked on (did not read) the emails.
    Now that I am in school (online) and freelance writing online I need $$$$. But like you’ve said a hundred times…if you have a bunch of small income it adds up!
    For both sites: When I requested my first checks yes, it took a few months. But after getting my first check from both of them I was made a Gold Member. What being Gold has done for me are two things:
    1. I never have anyone to refer to the sites so they “give” me referrals when people join without sponsors. I see 1,2,3 or more referrals on my private section. It happens because I am a Gold Member. And as I said, I was automatically made Gold after getting my first check.
    2. The next good thing being Gold does is although they take $3.00 out of my check, they then immediately credit my account for $3.00. I have gotten checks for both places about 3 or 4 times and was credited the $3.00 back so it evens out.
    3. Taking forever to get my checks only happened the first check. After that I get my checks in 7 to 10 days. ALWAYS.

It’s hard for me not to cash out when I reach $30.00 b/c I always need it. Each $30.00 check will pay for several bills for me, as follows: basic cable 27.00, water bill 30.00, gas (in the summer) $35.00, Dr. visit or med copay $30.00, a tank of gas $30.00 I could go on. But when is it NOT good to receive $30.00?

Depending on my schedule and how much writing I have done for pay has to do with how long I spend checking out other parts of the site. I always click on the email, if I have time I will do the free products, etc., and I do surveys depending on my time also. I would never depend on these two sites for an income. It’s extra money. It will pay for some of my NEEDS. I usually get $30.00 from each of them about every 2 to 3 months. I click the emails as I check all my other email.

For those of you that are honest, give it time to work and be patient, it DOES WORK. Hey, if those who think it’s a scam….unsubscribe…..but do not call it a scam…it is not.

Shyanne

Shyanne,
      You already know you’re preaching to the choir. lol I totally agree with you and you’re obviously living proof this stuff works if you have an open mind, read and take action. But that’s not the case for a lot of people. If something doesn’t fit in the so called normal box, they just ignore it or want to put negative labels on it. But fortunately for the rest of us we’re able to get out that box and make money because of it. So keep up the good work and keep making that money. I find that’s the best way to silence some closed minded people. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts. It’s always great to connect with like minded people who are taking action instead of complaining they aren’t making money.

inboxdollars does work i never did any offer i just clicked on the emails and it came it took me about a year to get a $100 check but it does work it was a nice surprise when i got a check in the mail one day from them, this is just my lazy way of getting the money who else you know gets $100 dollars just from checking email just imagine what you could get if you actually took the time out to do the offers :)

@V:

Hi V,

I pretty much just do the emails and freebie stuff. The cash shopping is nice, I like earning the % back from my online purchases. I totally agree about it taking time to earn the minimum when participating on a very limited basis, but I don’t mind because time flies when I’m having fun. lol If you’ve not done so already, I recommend downloading the handy toolbar … you’ll instantly earn $1

18. V says

I have an account on InboxDollars. I orignally thought it would turn out to be a scam but truth be told, it’s not. It may take a bit to make the $30 mark (took me almost a year) but doing only paid emails when they send at the most 10 a week, or course you’re not going to get $30 fast. You have to sign up for the free websites, or pay for the other trial/products to make money faster. I don’t pay for anything, only sign up for the freebie sites and paid emails which is why it took so long to get up to the required amount. It’s only a ‘scam’ to those who don’t read the fine print and realize they have to do more work to get money and it’s not necessarily quick cash.

19. laverne christian says

of course an email answering job is a scam unless u are working for a company and they way u communicate to your customers as well as your fellow cohorts or scenario 2 a company sends your customer base to u via email for instance a sales job and constant communication with u and them is via email but a job hiring just to read email i would check them with the BBB.

I love how people just make generalizations without backing their claims. 1. Inboxdollars isn’t a job and never claims to be. We actually list customer service jobs here: http://www.workathomenoscams.com/jobs Inboxdollars is a make money opportunity & there is a difference. 2. This company has been around for years with a record of paying people (present company included). The comments listed above and many on other sites is proof of that. 3. Contrary to popular belief the BBB isn’t the be and end all of determining a company’s legitimacy because there are many companies that are legit that aren’t members because they would prefer to let their business practices speak for themselves rather than paying off a company for a membership to prove their credibility. Now with that said inbox dollars isn’t perfect but no company is, even the ones listed with the BBB. But implying a company is a scam because you lack knowledge of how various types of opportunities work in this industry is irresponsible. Hopefully you’ll learn more about this industry and the various ways people make money legitimately. Because it’s not just limited to traditional work at home jobs which we do list. It’s also non-traditional opportunities like inboxdollars and many others that thousands of my visitors are making money with. So I hope you’ll actually take the time to READ more of the material on this site. If you do so with an open mind you’ll discover a whole other world. Good luck.

20. louie says

Hi, this is my first time to sign-up to InboxDollars and I got $5 in doing that, can you please help me and give me some tips to earn more money in this site. I am still looking for other site which can help me to earn money.

21. Lalainia says

iv been using inboxdollars for awhile and i really like it iv made 20$ so far and have just signed up for the sister sites can wait

I have started inboxdollars.com just about 30 minutes ago…and already have $6.02 in my account. That’s not bad really. Like you said before, do a TON of these kinds of things and it will add up to be decent income. You do need $30 in order to withdraw and it does take a while…but hang in there. I like doing these kinds of things, a lot of little things do add up to a lot!

Jason,

You have the right attitude about these opportunities and it’s why you’re already making money while others are complaining there aren’t legitimate ways to make money.
      So congrats!

23. Andy says

I saw that the only payment method is through check. Will inbox dollars send anything other then the check to my home address? Or will they send other things?

24. Wayne Cook says

You’re right, it’s not a scam. But, even if you joined every get paid to read emails site out there, you still couldn’t make enough to pay your internet bill each month. I’ll even go you one better. Never join anything that you have to pay for to do surveys. Most of the survey sites they give you can be found on your own. And, unless you’ve been everywhere, done everything, and own everything, you will not qualify for most surveys. I’m beginning to think you can’t make a full time living on the internet. Good thing I didn’t quit the day job.

You’re basically repeating what I’ve already argued in the article. Of course you can’t earn a living just doing this. But you couple this with various other non-traditional work at home opportunities: http://www.workathomenoscams.com/recommendations
      and a traditional work at home job or two: http://www.workathomenoscams.com/jobs
      and now you’re making money at home. As someone that makes money online full time and has been making money online part time since the early 90’s I’m here to tell you when you’re open minded and actually give various opportunities a shot, you can eventually succeed. But sitting on the fence taking shots at legitimate opportunities because of some weaknesses isn’t going to bring you any closer to your goal of making money at home.

No one would should quit a day job unless you’ve established a consistent way of making a living online. I didn’t quit my day job until I had proven that I was making more than I was taking in for a good year or two. So no one is arguing to do anything reckless here. The goal of these type of opportunities is to get your feet wet. Build up your confidence that you can make money online. But you need to have the proper attitude to appreciate it. When I made a cent from reading an email in the early 90s I was thrilled! I still had a part time offline job and I wasn’t about to quit it because I made a penny online. But what that penny did was show me that making money online is a reality. Now it was just a matter of replicating the efforts that made me a penny into something that made me dollars, than hundreds of dollars and then thousands of dollars. Obviously I’ve now reached that goal. But if I took your attitude about it, I would have laughed at that penny and gave up. You could too. But then you have to be ready to live with making someone else rich the rest of your life and if you’re cool with that then by all means carry on whatever you have been doing.

But if you want to a different life than you need to be open minded to try different things because it can lead to a whole new world. This is just my two cents and it’s based from years of experience making money online and losing it. So take it with a grain of salt.

25. Greg says

Inbox dollars is not a scam. We all as members or new recruits enter a site a sceptic. I know u anwsered a few questions and then they denied you saying “sorry you don’t meet our standards for this survey” So does that mean they scammed you because you anwsered some questions? Come on now, if they were going to scam you then they would open up and shut down and then open up under a new name and shut down and keep doing it. I know its annoying, you log in, try to do a survey and get denied. I get annoyed with it too, but its like eddy says, if you work a lot of these sites at once, write blogs and leave your referal links, join forums and just leave banners and links with relative information, people will sign up and bam u get extra money and b4 u know it your getting 20 different checks because your affiliated with 20 different companies. The checks may not be huge but even if they are 50 dollars a peice and you only get one a year, 20×50 is 1,000 dollars, i dont know about you but i could use that for sitting down a clicking stuff. haha i mean come on.

26. sheldon says

Great article! I just requested a payment of $41…

I’d like to make a suggestion to anyone concerned about spam… create a separate yahoo or gmail account to use for inbox dollars and for all related offers you may sign up for… that way any spam does not interfere with your regular email. This is what I’ve done and it’s worked out very well. I have a gmail account as my regular email account and check that multiple times per day. I have a yahoo account that I use for inbox dollars. I check it about once a day and read the paid emails and just delete all the other emails.

Anyway, I hope that may be a helpful tip to someone who’s thinking about trying out inbox dollars. Good luck!