Work At Home Scams

Scams have come a long way since envelope stuffing and chain letters. Most people just assume that scams are anything that requires money to work at home. But oh how times have changed. Yes there are still many scams trying to sell you pipe dreams, secrets or systems that will allegedly make you a few hundred dollars per day or weeks such as Rebate Processing, Typing/Data Entry, Google Money Scams, etc. But the far worst kinds are the ones that are cleverly disguised job offers that don’t ask you for a dime such as reshipping packages, cashing checks or wiring money. Many of these scams will even use the brand or identity of legitimate companies to lure you into a sense of security.

As the owner of a work at home website Work At Home Careers.com that has been sited for helping people avoid scams by nationwide publications and news agencies, I know a little about these scams. So I’ve decided to update you with the latest scams on this blog. Look, this ain’t rocket science.Scams tend to repeat themselves with slight variations so you’ll start seeing a pattern as you continue to read the items listed below. A lot of times a scam will quack like duck, walk like a duck and talk like duck but call itself a golden goose. It doesn’t matter. If it sounds like one of the scams listed below, then it’s probably a scam. Don’t let a different website name, job description, color, or name confuse. For instance Google Money Tree is a known scam so if another company calls itself Google Pesos Bush and exhibits many of the traits described in the Google Money Tree scams; It’s probably the same scam. There is no need to try to convince yourself otherwise.

Don’t pay for these pipe dreams or fall for fake jobs that just fall out the sky and sound too good to be true. If you want my legitimate non-traditional work at home recommendations click here. If you’re looking for a traditional job with no strings or fees attached then visit my Work At Home Companies page.

At the end of the day, if you spend some time reading many of the scams and the comments of the victims listed below, you’ll quickly become equipped to avoid any scam and see the BS from a mile away. But its up to you to take advantage of the information. Good luck.

Want To Know if A Company Is A Scam?

Watch the following video and in about 5 minutes, you should be able determine if a company is legitimate or a big scam! If you don’t have 5 minutes then here’s a simple tip, if it sounds to good to be true, then it is. Here’s another one, if your instincts are making you feel uneasy about a company or opportunity, that’s the gift God gave us to sense danger so we could avoid being eaten by a lion or something. These instincts are usually right when it comes to work at home as well. Follow them.

You may also want to read our Top 10 Tips To Avoid Online Scams article.

Report A Scam!

Think you’ve been scammed? Don’t let the punks get away with it!  Do your part by reporting the scam using the form at the bottom of the page! Provide as much details as possible. In some cases we may be able to help you, so the more information you can provide in terms of the site, ad that may have been used, etc the better. Don’t let the scam artist get away with this. Sometimes the best thing to do is put their dirty laundry out on the web so others can find it and force these people out of business. So post your scam experience in the form at the bottom of this page!

Work From Home Scams To Avoid:

Typing & Data Entry “Jobs” Scam

Cashing Fake Checks & Wire Transfer Scams

Package Forwarding & Reshipping Job Scam

Google Money / Work At Home Scams

Paid Surveys Online Scams

Warning: Government Cash Grant Scams!

Rebate Processors Scams

Cash Gifting – Giving Programs Scams

Cash4Gold.com Scams

Work At Home Sites Busted By FTC!

Top 5 Work At Home Scam Fighting Websites

Top 5 Work At Home Scams

Derby House Fabrics Bookkeeper Job Scam!

Recruitment Offer Scam By Apex Paperworks

Part Time Job Offer Scam – WUJIANG TEXTILE CO.LTD

Infomercial Scams

Job Offer 10% Get Back If Interested.

Company Representative Needed (Payment For Services)

Universal fabrics and Fashion Inc Job Opportunity

Receivables Processing Specialist

IRS Tax Refund Scam Email

Bookkeeper Work At Home

Uk National Lottery Online Promo

Lottery Scam!

Health Insurance Co-pay Scam

Hits4pay is an Internet advertising network sharing it’s advertising revenue with it’s members. We have advertisers all over the world who are will...
Fusion Cash, a Better Business Bureau Accredited company is looking for web workers to fill out free offer forms of various products and services o...
ICS is currently looking for people of varying cultural backgrounds, age, race and gender to take short online polls regarding various topics. The ...
The MySurvey.com Consumer Panel is a group of consumers from all over the United States who influence future products and services who are paid to ...
M80 Labs is seeking a everyday smartphone app users to join their growing online community. The ideal candidate is one that has a desire for downlo...

Comments

1. badhddct says

SCAMMERS BEWARE:

Dear Employee,

My name is Terry Ruble(Group Manager,Director of Employment to JLM financial Ltd), I have received your resume message and I will like to offer you work at home full time/part time job. We need responsible and timely worker that can be working for us as a full time/part time online. Here is the analysis of what you need to do for us:

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?

You just need to have your own personal computer with printer. List of clients will be sent to your business e.mail address. and you are mandated to get the check printed before 48 hours so as to satisfy the best of our customers and client satisfaction. The check will be printed with software bought for you.

You will have to send the checks to the specified address through our UPS Account(This cost you no charges).

Our customers and clients will be mandated to send the fund within the states to you directly as our representative, your 10 percent commission will be deducted on each money you receive from clients.

JOB DESCRIPTION?

1. Print out Check through Versa Check Online Check
    2. Dispatch of checks with our UPS Account to UPS box near to you

No charges is required from you to dispatch check.

JOB REQUIREMENT?
    *Working perfect computer
    *working perfect printer and scanner
    *internet access
    *Versa check paper #3000 or form #1000 purchasable at office max/Walmart store
    *brown envelops

There will be reimbursement for the money you use to purchase Versa check paper *brown envelops,No experience require as i will provide extensive training to help you achieve success. I will also provide you with Software you will download to get started .You will need to have yahoo account also i will like you to download the Instant Messenger on your PC, which you ill be using to chat with me online daily for instruction Here is the link to download yahoo instant messenger (messenger.yahoo.com/download} i will like you to email me your yahoo ID and your cell number to contact you via text. this position is for both part time/full time candidate Here is my yahoo ID .{TerryRuble12@yahoo.com} ad me now to chat with me for more clarification am online now.looking forward to chat with you soon

$1000 monthly/$500 bi-weekly payment is offered if preffered.

There is incentive for the workers that works effectively and extra bonus for the work done.

NOTICE: You need IM for this job Yahoo messenger is so easy to install you can just go to http://www.messenger.yahoo.com to download YAHOO MESSENGER.

Email: TerryRuble12@yahoo.com

Add: TerryRuble12@yahoo.com to your yahoo IM and talk to the Boss online for instant employment.

Regards.

Thanks for sharing this latest scam. It’s definitely going to help many people avoid it! I wish more people included the whole job description and emails so folks can see the complete picture. So thank you!

2. Roger R. says

Hi, Eddy!…I’m still processing actually taking advice from someone I can trust! You really do seem to have consumers interests/security as a real priority. I have past experience with “networking” company’s like Amway, NSA water filters and Quorum personal/home security alarms and found that available info was only provided once I reached a certain income level/teir…I’ve also been researching LaBella Baskets and Ameriplan company’s. Although the BBB gives both of them A-A+ ratings, they do charge a monthly fee of $25-$139. They can call it what they want, but it’s still a membership charge for their services. I’m so glad I ‘stumbled’ on this sight! I’m registering with Wealthy Affiliates immediately and am going to give it my best effort!
    Sincerely,
    Roger R.

Hey Roger, thanks for chiming in buddy. I know this industry will have you believing everyone is out to get you. But there are some of us out here that aren’t. So I’m glad you haven’t become jaded and can read my blog objectively. We’re all trying to make money online. But we don’t have to scam people to do it.

In any event, I just want to address your comment about the membership fees. Please don’t use that as a way to judge a company. Every business will usually require some type of investment. Fortunately most home based businesses don’t require the investment an offline business would require. Think about how much it cost to open a physical store and keeping the lights on. So there are usually ongoing fees to run a business.

You just want to be sure you’re paying fees for a legitimate business. Or if you’re not interested in a business and the fees associated with them, then a job is a better option. So just keep that in mind.

And don’t get me started on folks who solely rely on the BBB as validation for a business’s legitimacy. Read my take on it here:http://www.workathomenoscams.com/2008/01/14/bbb-work-at-home/

Anyway, hope to see you in WA. It’s a great community and you should learn a lot there as well. Take care.

3. SOSANA says

Last week i got an email for package reshipping , I didn’t know that it could be a scam or real job , the guy has emaild me and it looked simple to me , specially that he wrote that the company pays only 1000$ per month and i will got to ship packages that will come to my house 2-3 times a week ! after 2 days they sent me a bonus gift , a chocolate basket because i was hired! offcourse he said that i will have to choose a method of payment to my paycheck , so i choosed my bank acount and i provided my bank acount … everything looked ok to me … the other day I got the FIRST package to my house , but i DID NOT send it yet because he said there is aniother package coming so i had to wait ! today i checked this out in the internet , for some reason i was checking how shipping packages works , i thought i need some more info about my new job , so while i was reading , i saw that its a SCAM , so i got scared and here i am reading in this website and writing you my expericance , because I don’t know what to do with the package i have in my house , that THANK GOD is my first one and i DID NOT send it yet !!! please tell me what to do , specially that he already knows my bank acount and i afraid he can do something about it ? what wil i do with this package that i have now ??? please help me , i don’t want to get into troubles !!!!

i went to a site that had jennifer on it..she talked about earning money by sending e-mails,,and making money..paid..now cant get on site.SCAM, how do i get my money back

Els, I don’t know how you get your money back since you were vague about what the site’s address was. Saying a site had Jennifer on it doesn’t mean anything because that could be a thousand sites. That being said, if you used a credit card, I would suggest contacting your credit card company and have them reverse the charges. In the future, follow the steps of the scam video listed here on this page to research any company before giving any money. Never assume anything is legitimate until you do your research even if you find the opportunity on a legitimate site because sometimes those listings are ads or sponsors like you would find on your favorite TV network. Good luck.

5. Rob V. says

Don’t know how long it’s been out there but Florida One, Inc.(www.itdac.com) is a scam. I’ve been ripped off big time by them. I’ve filed the reports (IC3, FTC, ripoff report, scambook). Is there anyone out there who could possibly help me? Support group? Organization?
    Just want to let you know this is a scam. Don’t get taken like I did.

6. Sharonhill2223 says

GP Global advertises on Craigslist for a Receptionist position them asks you to use Yahoo IM to contact them for an interview.  They want to send you a check or money order to cash, take your $100 bonus and use funds for Peachtree software, then send the balance to their shipping manager….scams are everywhere, thank you for this blog for people like me who really want to work from home, but know better than to trust something that sounds too good to be true.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I agree a lot of scams can be avoided just by using common sense. But sometimes our desperation gets the better of us.

At the end of the day, if one always does their research before joining any company, you avoid a lot garbage. I’m glad you found our site. I’m confident you will be able to find something legitimate here.

7. ILUVUSA2 says

Craft World sham.   What they do is send you a check (which is bogus) and they want you to deposit it (now they have your bank account number and your signature).   They want you to send them the 90% of the check and you “keep” your 10%, which you earned.  Then they bounce their check, you have written them one against what they sent you, so you are screwed out of whatever the 90% was.

And the website is wonderful, it looks legit.  Buyer beware.

8. Llmcmiami says

Be aware of Compass Electronics GMBH, they offered me a position as a Supply Chain Manager. This home based job has scammed my bank account via a wire transfer for $4,955. I answered a job posting on Career Builder .com.

9. guest says

I would like to inform everyone of the scam http://www.linkpostingjobs.com is running.  They claim they guarantee $10/link you post for them on directories.  Only to find out after you post the link they reject it for payment using a bogus reason, ie. There must be another link on that directory.  Which is a flat out lie because directories will not post duplicate links.

I have called them out on their scam to which they will not respond and I have filed a report with IC3.  It’s about time we all come together and get these scammers removed from the web!  Thanks for giving us a place to inform others!

10. Hlt1955 says

Eddy I got tjis just the other day, read this.
    Dear ApplicantI just got your application for the job as my Warehouse agent as posted , sorry for late response . Where are you located? I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am presently in Auckland Australia for a short business trip so there will be no interview. I will per-pay you in advance to do my business errands. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You don’t have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content. The content of the packages are computer and electronics, clothing’s business and personal letters. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month.The offer charge per week,I will pay $250.00 weekly for this position. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I work in real estate and I own an Art Gallery in New Zealand. I will return to USA by 20th of April, 2012 so this process will be going- on till i get back in March If you don’t mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term. Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. Hope to hear from you soon.I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for Electronics and clothing’s. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the money? Maybe you can provide me with the following details below :Full Name:Full Address:(NO P.O.BOX)City:State:Country:Zip Code:Phone Number:Age: Get back to me with the required details above , So that the pay-check can be forwarded to you as soon as possible and I will appreciate quick response from you. Thanks and please get back to me asap and confirm this mail asap.Send text +1330-238-8603Fabrice CurttonsRegards.

11. reginalaramie says

This company called Albian Energy Ltd contacted me to a Rep for their oil company in the Southwestern part of the United States. When in reality they wanted be to reship packages for them that they had shipped to my address.  It had not been what they described so I called the companies that the package came from to find out how they were paid for cause I had to ask why would you pay shipping from Pa to Ok then pay it back to NH didnt make any sense  That is when I started adding in the blanks along with the help of the companies doing a backward trace of the package.

12. Ashley D Smith83 says

Has anyone heard of US HOME WORK FORCE? Are they a scam? They want you to sign up for their “instant rewards” and then post ads on craigslist, etc requesting others to sign up to “work from home”. I tried googling them with tags of “scam” and “review” and can not find anything. Please help, Eddy!!

13. Angelitgatorres2012 says

Eddy  i saw you on a news channel about working from home, and then i went to your site and was shock on all the work you put into helping all who want to work from home. And for that i wanted to think you. But now i am having a time finding a job that i can do from home and study to get my degree. Do you have any tips on what i should do? because i know how hard it is to get work with out a degree. Just looking for a little help :)

14. Elysa says

good day sir! I just want to thank you for all the informations you’ve share. It’s very informative and very helpful for me since I’m new in this line of work. More power to you and God Bless!!!

15. Wekgentry says

I got a text message regarding a position posting adds on Craigs List. I followed her directions and posted adds for a week. I then received a Bogus check in the mail for $1000.00 from her. When I contacted my bank abd found out it was a scam, she still tried to convince me to work for her doin another job on line for her, I told her I knew she was a scam and she still tried convincing me she was not. She communicated with me through yahoo messenger, with just her name {Sharon Smith} and a number like 620 after her name. No email address or No means of contacting her except through yahoo Messenger! SCAM ALL THE WAY! Do not fall for this!