Is Ameriplan USA A Work At Home Scam?
This blog is supported by sponsored links & ads. But “Eddy with a y” only personally recommends companies I trust and researched.
Ameriplan USA® is a nationwide company that provides discount plans on various medical services such as vision, dental and prescription care. The company is able to negotiate these savings because of its large membership base.
Unfortunately in order to receive these discounts you have to pay a membership fee. Now in the past I think this was probably a great business model. I don't think most people would mind paying a membership fee if it meant the savings you would receive during the course of a year on your health care needs would outweigh the cost of the membership. The problem is nowadays there are so many stores including pharmacies that give you their own savings cards for free when shopping. I personally love my stop and shop saving card and save boat loads of money on my grocery shopping every year. And I've seen some medical discount cards that are free of cost. So is this really a sustainable business model? I think that's why they started adding all these other services to justify the cost of the plan.
How To Make Money With Ameriplan?
In either case Ameriplan's discount plan may be appealing to those who don't have health insurance. And this is where their business opportunity comes into play. Ameripan USA recruits “brokers” to sell these health care discount memberships to others as well as recruiting other people to become brokers. I was a broker twice. But eventually decided that the opportunity was not for me and some of the following reasons may be a turn off to you as well.
1. You really need to be a telephone person to do well with the Ameriplan Work At Home opportunity. For me this wasn't very feasible. I have young (loud) children and I hate being on the phone. But I tried as much as possible to make it a totally online based business but it just wasn't feasible. If you're a telephone person then you may be able to do well with this opportunity. But if you're not and have young kids, you may be better of with my #1 Free Recommendation instead.
2. Second issue was their daily pay policy. In theory this was great to me. Most companies make you wait a month or more for you pay. The problem here is that if someone you enrolled decided to cancel after they paid you, they would deduct that money on your future earnings. This always burned me. It's also one of the reasons I decided to focus on my other work at home opportunity. Fortunately they have provided another option to address this issue. So it's no longer a major issue to be concerned with.
3. And finally their training and broker website was just too overwhelming and not user friendly. I always felt very lost with the information and maybe it's because I'm an idiot. My up-line did help me a lot but even with that I always felt overwhelmed. Furthermore I also felt Ameriplan was always trying to upsell you tools and services that were suppose to help you make more money. But shouldn't that stuff be free? Doesn't it make sense to provide these tools to me for free so I can make the company and myself more money? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Granted they do have a very impressive training support system but why offer so many up-sell options?
That's why I ended up loving my #1 Free Recommendation! It was like night and day. First of all, the tools are all free. The training is easy to follow step by step instructions, included videos and they provided live chat with other successful business owners to get help! All for free, the way it should be!
Ultimately I don't think AmeriPlan is a scam. They've definitely have some bumps in the road and quite frankly I think the whole concept of paying to save on health expenses is going to be a hard sell. So with that said I want to give you some other options that you may want to consider. First you may want to consider Finding a traditional work at home job that doesn't involve selling if that's something that gives you pause about Ameriplan. Or if you want to stick with the home business route because you like the idea of the freedom and the income it can provide then consider the following companies:
Both are legitimate opportunities that I've personally made money with and make be something that can work for you. Either way, I just want you to know you have other choices at your disposal. It's really up to you to decide which make sense for your situation.
So is AmeriPlan really a Scam?
Not in my humble opinion. But the complaints listed above were my main issues with the Ameriplan Business Opportunity. The Ameriplan dental & health discount program really did work. So that part was not a scam. I was able to save on some of my vision care needs. But in terms of the Ameriplan work at home opportunity, it just wasn't right for me. It was way too expensive and time consuming for my taste. Does this mean that Ameriplan USA is a scam? Hell No. But would I recommend it to others? I would, if you like being on the phone and know a lot of people that don't have health insurance or don't mind hunting these type of people down.
But for me, I prefer creating a business on something I'm really passionate about. Honestly I'm not really passionate about health care and discounts. I don't like being on the phone so I want something that can be done totally online. I'm also a big believer in being able to test something out before fully jumping in. So I like opportunities that can be started for free! If you're like me and feel the same way, you might consider the #1 free opportunity I'm part of by clicking here.
What's The Best Way To Work At Home?Did you know there are various ways to make money online besides what you're currently reading? Check out some of my best and FREE work at home recommendations below.
- How "Eddy with a Y" made over $63,928.59 At Home Without A Damn Job!
- Top BBB Rated Work At Home Opportunity
- How To Get Paid To Use The Web!
Ultimately can you make some real money with Ameriplan? Yes you can, because my up-line sure did! But she loved to be on the phone and most of her money was coming from recruiting other brokers. So keep that in mind. As I said earlier I joined Ameriplan USA twice and dropped it twice. Need I say more?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not the angry work at home cynic guy here writing a review to get back at Ameriplan USA. I personally just didn't find the opportunity all that attractive after several tries. So my recommendation is to pass on this opportunity if some of the issues I mentioned above would make you feel uneasy. But if you still want to get involved in some sort of home business then look into my #1 Free Recommendation. Good luck either way. It's important that you pursue something that is right for you and fits your comfort level and not what someone is trying to push you into. You'll do way better in any opportunity if it was something you felt good going into from the start.
Please be sure to read the comments below. There is a lot of great feedback from some current and former Ameriplan members that can help you make the best decision for you. That being said I would ask you ignore and excuse the small number of the childish and immature comments from some of the unprofessional individuals that don't know how to communicate effectively without resorting to elementary school antics. Cheers!
Until next time,
Eddy with a Y!