Ameriplan USA® is a nationwide company that provides discount plans on various medical services such as vision, dental and prescription care. The company is able to negotiate these savings because of its large membership base.
Unfortunately in order to receive these discounts you have to pay a membership fee. Now in the past I think this was probably a great business model. I don't think most people would mind paying a membership fee if it meant the savings you would receive during the course of a year on your health care needs would outweigh the cost of the membership. The problem is nowadays there are so many stores including pharmacies that give you their own savings cards for free when shopping. I personally love my stop and shop saving card and save boat loads of money on my grocery shopping every year. And I've seen some medical discount cards that are free of cost. So is this really a sustainable business model? I think that's why they started adding all these other services to justify the cost of the plan.
How To Make Money With Ameriplan?
In either case Ameriplan's discount plan may be appealing to those who don't have health insurance. And this is where their business opportunity comes into play. Ameripan USA recruits "brokers" to sell these health care discount memberships to others as well as recruiting other people to become brokers. I was a broker twice. But eventually decided that the opportunity was not for me and some of the following reasons may be a turn off to you as well.
The Complaints About Ameriplan
1. You really need to be a telephone person to do well with the Ameriplan Work At Home opportunity. For me this wasn't very feasible. I had a full time job, run my websites and lastly I hate being on the phone. But I tried as much as possible to make it a totally online based business but it just wasn't feasible. If you're a telephone person then you may be able to do well with this opportunity.
2. Second issue was their daily pay policy. In theory this was great to me. Most companies make you wait a month or more for you pay. The problem here is that if someone you enrolled decided to cancel after they paid you, they would deduct that money on your future earnings. This always burned me. It's also one of the reasons I decided to focus on my work at home career as an affiliate. Fortunately they have provided another option to address this issue. So it's no longer a major issue to be concerned with.
3. And finally their training and broker website was just too overwhelming and not user friendly. I always felt very lost with the information and maybe it's because I'm an idiot. My up-line did help me a lot but even with that I always felt overwhelmed. Furthermore I also felt Ameriplan was always trying to upsell you tools and services that were suppose to help you make more money. But shouldn't that stuff be free? Doesn't it make sense to provide these tools to me for free so I can make the company and myself more money? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Granted they do have a very impressive training support system but why offer so many up-sell options? That's why love a company like Wealthy Affiliate, everything is included and there are no surprises.
So is AmeriPlan really a Scam?
Not in my humble opinion. But the complaints listed above were my main issues with the Ameriplan Business Opportunity. The Ameriplan dental & health discount program really did work. So that part was not a scam. I was able to save on some of my vision care needs. But in terms of the Ameriplan work at home opportunity, it just wasn't right for me. It was way too expensive and time consuming for my taste. Does this mean that Ameriplan USA is a scam? No. But would I recommend it to others? I would, if you like being on the phone and know a lot of people that don't have health insurance or don't mind hunting these type of people down. But if you prefer to work at home online completely and have people actively looking for you to help them, then a work at home business as an affiliate/internet marketer is better.
Can you make some big money with Ameriplan? Yes you can, because my up-line sure did! But she loved to be on the phone and most of her money was coming from recruiting other brokers. So keep that in mind. As I said earlier I joined Ameriplan USA twice and dropped it twice. Need I say more?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not the angry work at home cynic guy here writing a review to get back at Ameriplan USA. I personally just didn't find the opportunity all that attractive after several tries. So my recommendation is to pass on this opportunity if some of the issues I mentioned above would make you feel uneasy. But if you still want to get involved in some sort of home business then look into Wealthy Affiliate. Good luck either way. It's important that you pursue something that is right for you and fits your comfort level and not what someone is trying to push you into. You'll do way better in any opportunity if it was something you felt good going into from the start.
Please be sure to read the comments below. There is a lot of great feedback from some current and former Ameriplan members that can help you make the best decision for you. That being said I would ask you ignore and excuse the small number of the childish and immature comments from some of the unprofessional individuals that don't know how to communicate effectively without resorting to elementary school antics. Cheers!
Sponsored Listings For ...
Did you know Eddy earns 5 figures monthly at home w/o a job?
All this, just by giving helpful solutions to hundreds of people.
You can too, with the right guidance. How?
Click here to find out...
BBB Listed Work At Home Company
Get Paid To Type Your Opinions.
No Fees, No Scams. Start Today!
Get Paid To Search The Web!
No Fees! No Scams! No Hype!
Start & Earn Today!
- The advertisers above keep this site free & food on my table.
- But their inclusion on this site IS NOT a personal endorsement!
- Always do your research using our Scam Video.