Better Business Bureau Listed Work From Home & Scams!
This blog was designed with these recommended tools. We are proudly supported by affiliate links & sponsored ads that pay the bills.
But “Eddy with a y” only personally recommends companies I trust & researched.
Because there are so many work at home scams out there people have become very wary of all work from home opportunities, as they should be. There is a lot of crap out there! So good folks like you don't know who to believe or trust.
Most websites tend to recommend that “The Better Business Bureau” is a the only place to use for your research.
I'm here to tell you this is very bad and limited advice. Hear me out before you make any assumptions because you may change your mind as I was forced to after learning the truth. Many people are under the misguided assumption that if a company isn't listed with the BBB it must mean they're a scam! That's a bunch of bull.
The BBB isn't A Government Agency!
The Better Business Bureau is a for profit company that is in the business of making money first! They don't work for the government or just for the good of consumers. Do you know how they make their money? It's by charging small and large businesses hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to become a member. Strangely enough the price will vary depending on the size of your business or who you happen to speak that day. Isn't that convenient ?
1. There have been many reports where businesses have been victims of intentional slander by their competition or jaded customers. So many legitimate companies will call the BBB to combat this and complain. You would naturally assume the BBB would be willing to help. After all, they're about the truth and helping people avoid scams, right? But instead some have reported that the BBB won't assist the business in clearing their name unless the business is willing to pay the ridiculous hundreds if not thousands of dollars membership fee. Doesn't that sound a bit like extortion to you? Why would a company need to pay for the truth? My #1 Legitimate & Free Recommendation went through this! Fortunately I knew better and didn't make any assumptions.
2. People have also argued that there are many companies that are members of the BBB that are actually very shady organizations or flat out scams. But because the companies are willing to “pay to play”, aka the membership fee, they get a passing grade from the BBB. Does this sound like an agency that is really about helping consumers or is it more about making money?
3. Look, we all know in the work at home world there are more shady people than there are honest. But contrary to popular belief, having a few complaints in a BBB report doesn't equate to a guilty verdict. Any company that has been around for a long time will have some complaints. Do a BBB search on some major companies such as PEPSI, DELL, Microsoft, etc and I guarantee you'll find dirt on all of them. Sometimes people whine for the sake of whining. If you just gauge a company's legitimacy on a BBB report you're not getting the complete story, especially when you consider the other things I mentioned above.
So if I were you I would take the BBB ratings with a huge grain of salt!
Cross Reference Your Sources
In my humble opinion its a better idea to search outside the BBB as well to get a full picture. Personally when it comes to research, I don't look to ONE source for my information. It's like putting all your eggs in one basket and we all know how that can work out. So with that in mind, I like reading what others have said about a company by doing a simple Google search with the name of the company + the keyword scam.
For example: WorkAtHomeNoScams.com + Scams.
You can watch this video on how to do this effectively. This is very effective because I can read what various other people and websites are saying. I then compare that feedback with what I find at the BBB if there is a report available. Basically I'm looking for a pattern of positive or negative reports on a company for a given period of time. If most people are raving about a company on various websites than I'm more inclined to believe a BBB report that gives them a high grade as well. But if most people and websites are posting negative feedback but the BBB rating is positive. Then I'm sorry, majority rules for me over the BBB.
So my final thoughts are that the BBB is an OK resource for a small portion of your research. But I would keep the points I made in this article in mind. The BBB should only be a STARTING point and NOT the be and end all of determining whether a company or website is legitimate.
If you gather data from various resources, you'll have a far more educated and accurate view of a company.
Better Business Bureau (BBB) Listed Work At Home Opportunities
Now that we got all that out the way. I've compiled a list of some recommended work at home companies that have either a good standing or very few overall complaints within the BBB. That is if you insist on using them as your only proof of legitimacy. (Stubborn, aren't we? LOL).
Okay here is the rest of my BBB approved list of work at home companies.[sociallocker]
- Wealthy Affiliate (My Top Free Work At Home Recommendation)
- InstaGc.com (Via parent company: Day Online Solutions, LLC )
Update: Initially the companies listed above is all I could find. But I have managed to muster up some more.
- RealWaysToEarnMoneyOnline.com – (Provides great job leads many of which are with BBB accredited companies.)
- Hits4Pay.com (BBB Rating Via Parent Company: Multiple Stream)
What Do You Think About The BBB?
What are your thoughts about all this? Do you swear by the BBB reports? Or do you have other resources that you use?
If you enjoyed this article, please become a subscriber by clicking here. You can also connect with me on Facebook on my fanpage here. If you would like more options in terms of legitimate work at home opportunities and jobs, then click here. Thanks for reading! Feel free to share this article with anyone you think will find value. We've made it easy with the icons below this post!
Want To Earn $10 Today?
It's FREE, Legit & Listed With The BBB! You can start today! Let "Eddy With A Y" Show You How!