How To Find International Work At Home Jobs

On Work At Home Careers I receive a surprisingly large number of emails from people outside the United States in search of work at home. Because I saw that this need was being under-served, I ended up creating a small international work at home section. I'll be the first to admit it's a bit limited. But after some accidental research I discovered how international work from home seekers can locate even more jobs. But we need to discuss the inherit difficulty of providing international work at home jobs from a U.S employer's point of view.

So Why Is it So Hard To Find Work At Home Jobs Outside the U.S.?

There are several reasons. I'll be the first to admit they are not the most fair explanations but nonetheless it is a reality that must be addressed. Hopefully having this information will provide you an advantage by addressing these concerns when approaching a prospective traditional U.S. based work at home employer. So let's go into the reasons.

1. Apparently it's hard to manage paying international work at home seekers because of given restrictions or limitations of certain countries banking structures. No employer wants to jump through hoops to pay you when they can easily paypal or mail a U.S. employee a check.

2. There is a lot of fraud that originates from countries outside of the U.S. This shouldn't be taken as a personal attack on your integrity because there is a lot of fraud here in the U.S. as well but it seems like it's just harder to prosecute in certain countries. So employers don't want to take that added risk especially when they have other options.

3. Finally, one of the biggest reasons is the language barrier. Although our fellow international work at home seekers are just as capable as U.S. workers, their English isn't always necessarily up to par and this can cause delays in terms of getting work done or just pose an on the job issue.(i.e. Customer service calls.) In my experience these have been the sticking point for U.S. based work at home employers. Is it fair? Not necessarily in all cases but again, it's the reality your facing. But enough of all the negative talk, let's get into what you can do to combat this stuff.

So How Do I Find An International Work At Home Job Online?

Well in my experience the best way to do this is to use freelance job websites. A freelance website is similar to an ebay for jobs. People that need projects done such as data entry, typing, customer service, programming, design, etc visit a freelance site and post their project description, the requirements and how much they're willing to pay. Then registered freelancers are able to see this project and bid on how much they will do the project for and the time it would take them to complete it. Freelance websites project owners tend to be more inclined to work with international work at home seekers. The freelance websites also have payment processes in place to ensure that no one gets screwed. (For the most part)

Conclusion So my suggestion to international work at home seekers is visit freelance job sites. You'll tend to have a greater advantage there because you may be able to afford to do work at lower prices because your cost of living maybe cheaper than it is here in the states. As a result, this makes you more attractive than U.S. based workers. Sorry guys, but we have enough work at home opportunities geared towards U.S. workers, international workers need to eat too. Below are some freelance job websites you should visit:

Additional Non Freelance Job Sites

Location: Sweden
  10. Projekurdu
    Location: Turkey
  11. Circa Lavoro.it
    Location: Italy

International Work At Home Companies

1. Atomic Arts – Freelance 3D Animation/Visual Effects – (Worldwide)
  2. Way With Words – Transcribers/Typists (Worldwide: Europe, Asia, Canada, Africa)
  3. Cipherion Translations – Translation, Engineering, Multimedia, Sound Recording, QA & DTP (Worldwide)
  4. VOBA – Freelance Transcription (UK)
  5. Wise Translations – Freelance Translators (Multiple Countries)
  6. Saral Software Solutions – Medical Transcription & Editors
  7. Acusis – Medical Transcription (India)
  8. Digitype – Transcription/Legal Coding (Australia)
  9. Hispanic-Jobs – Advertising/Sales Reps (Latino, Spanish, Asian, Bilingual)
  10. Network Omni – Freelance Translation/Publishing/Engineering (Worldwide)
  11. MultiLingual Solutions – Freelance Translation/Interpretation/Linguistics (Nationwide & Global)
  12. Language Lines – Bilingual Interpreters (Worldwide) US, Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Puerto Rico, & UK
  13. Orion Transcription – Medical, Legal, & General/Business (Canada & US)
  14. EduXcel – Virtual Tutors/Educators (grades 6-12th) (Canada, UK, India, US)
  15. G3 Translate – Freelance Translators, Editors, Interpreters, Proofreaders, Desktop Publishing Specialists (Worldwide)
  16. Retail Active – Mystery Shopping (UK)

Hope this helps.

We’re an entrepreneurial business set up with the idea that internet advertising should pay you for viewing and clicking on ads. Our two founders s...
PineConeResearch.com is a BBB listed marketing research company that is currently looking for online survey takers of various ethnic backgrounds, a...
M80 Labs is seeking a everyday smartphone app users to join their growing online community. The ideal candidate is one that has a desire for downlo...
Mechanical Turk is a crowd sourcing division of Amazon.com that hires a large base of online workers to perform various web related tasks aka “HITS...
Our webmasters are currently looking for online workers to help get their websites off the ground by increasing online engagement. So we’re recruit...

Comments

1. Michelle Kelly says

Hi Eddy. I am an artist in the US. I would like to set up some sort of international website that would allow artists or regular US citizens to hire folks outside the US. Since the cost of living is more inexpensive in many countries, it seems that something like this could be a win/win situation for folks like artists, who don’t have an adequate salary for hiring help on a more local level. Are there any sites that you know of that do this? Do you have any ideas about how to go about it? It would be nice if the site could be regulated so it would be safe for all users…

Michelle, wealthy affiliate can teach you how to create a website and market it. So if you want to learn how to do it on your own, that would be my recommendation. Sorry if that isn’t what you were looking for.

2. Tee says

Thanks Eddy, your site is helpful, I live in the Caribbean, we use paypal, payza, liberty reserve etc…. but there is hardly EVER any options for my country, (the Bahamas) I would go on a site & immediately be told that “nothing is available”.

3. Rachel says

Thanks Eddy for the great website. I hope and believe that my search for work at home has finally become successful. Was wondering if you could at least recommend a specific site for me to try . Thanks, from Uganda

Hi Rachel, You’re very welcome. I would suggest trying all of the websites listed in the article and see which works best for you. That’s the only way to find the right match. I’ve done all the hard work for you. Now you just need to take some action. Hope this helps.

4. Linda says

Eddie,  Maybe I have missed something.  Are there sites like this who post freelance work for those in the USA ONLY?  With our unemployment crisis here and the continued outsourcing of jobs, we need to help those in our country first.  I am sure the millions of unemployed American would agree with me.

No, as I said in the article above freelance sites are an open job market to everyone. People from the U.S and various countries can post jobs there and workers from anywhere can apply. My whole blog is U.S. based and has tons of opportunities for U.S. Residents:
      so if you need something visit those pages. This particular page you’re commenting on isn’t meant for you which is why it’s titled the way it is. It’s mean to help the folks that visit my site who can’t take advantage all the great opportunities I’ve already listed on the pages above for U.S. residents.

I believe in helping all people. I don’t care where you’re from. As long as you’re a good person that is trying to better your life, I’m going to try to help you. Your argument has more to do with our U.S. government who isn’t penalizing major corporations who are taking jobs away. So that’s more of a question you should address with your local congressman. Thanks.

5. Kerrjovian says

I have been searching far and wide to find a work-at-home job but I can’t. Most of the jobs I find are for persons living in USA and I live in Jamaica. Is it possible that I be offered some assistance?

6. Mandy says

have just had a look on the link you sent me about international work at home jobs, i clicked on 1 of the links & it took me to FUSION CASH which is based in the USA & as I live in the UK I am not allowed to join. I don’t understand why this link was on the international page, I thought it would be for every where else in the world other than the USA. Shame we brits cant join fusion cash, sounds ok

FC accepts Canadians as well as US Residents and why it was an option. That being said not every opportunity is going to be available to every country. That’s why we created this international page so you can find the options that are actually available in your area.

7. Indianmt says

I am from India and work from home. Most of the international payments for contractual work done comes via intermediaries like PayPal, AleryPay, etc. However, these not being banking institutions, the Reserve Bank of India has imposed restrictions on the same for wire transfers to Indian banks. International payments are only allowed if payment is made through a foreign bank having a branch in India unless one has an Import-Export License for goods and services to get direct international payments. So, I am now compelled to look for work within India. From your very descriptive site I came to know of Freelance India who earn revenue from Google Adsense. Again, unlike Freelancer.com they do not provide any escrow account to safeguard payments of service providers, but ask for annual membership fee. Opening a free account with them will only mean that they would treat us as discards. You may see that for yourself at http://www.freelanceindia.com/premiummembership.asp#free under the heading “FREE Members shall have the following disadvantages”. Greedy bastard.

I hear what you’re saying. But fortunately that’s why there are different options to choose from and this one can be avoided if you feel they’re being greedy. Thanks for chiming in.

8. Rafael says

Thanks a lot! Way to forget that your site has a search engine. Now all I really have to do is write good samples for these people. If you don’t mind 1 more question, how big should they be?

Also, I’ll just throw out the obvious fact that it’s likely a bad idea to send crops from my incomplete fantasy novels as samples, rather than researching and writing something that has to do with the employer’s area of activity. Considering my own questionable grasp on reality and the fact that next to most people in the news I still look average and sane, I am quite sure I’m not spamming :)

Rafael,
      You’re welcome!
      There is a link to the job page on the left of every page of this site. But people are often guilty of scanning which is probably why you missed it as well. It happens. Lesson learned. lol

I say instead of writing samples that are just stored locally on your computer, just start writing on some of the sites I suggested like ehow, associatedcontent.com, etc.
      This way you can actually get paid for your writing and they’ll be live on the web to easily reference to any potential employers. Once they have been approved, then you can send the links of your various articles on these sites instead of mailing a word document or something. But more importantly you can get paid by these sites as you try to get other jobs.

In terms of word counts, I don’t really go by that. If you’re writing some good and useful content you won’t pay attention to word count. You’ll just write as much as you want to get your point across. That being said as a guideline most sites suggest 300-500 words. Again don’t just write for word counts. I’ve seen articles like that and their fluffy and don’t provide much value. Write as if you’re trying to address someone’s issue that is reading your article.

I definitely wouldn’t send your fantasy novels as samples unless the job is writing for that genere. In general keep the samples generic. You don’t need specific writing examples for every niche. Most employers just want to see that you can write and do research. I know that’s what I look for when I’ve hired writers.

I’m confident you can get a lot of work with this type of job. Content drives the internet so it’s an industry that will always be in demand. Most work at home seekers are scared of taking on writing jobs so it’s even better for you in that respect as well. Good luck.

9. Rafael says

It’s actually not what I wanted to hear, but that’s OK because there’s probably a big difference between what I want to hear and what I need to hear. Also I’m used to uncomfortable truths.

As for being open, it’s not that much a question of being open (except marketing, but that’s just one) as of being able. I would very much like to have a successful blog that provides people with content they enjoy and myself with money and recognition. I can write well enough, according to various sources. Does that mean I can keep a money-earning blog? No. There’s no reason to go into the specifics here, but you’ll agree that good writing (when I can manage it) isn’t enough.

What about taking advantage? There’s nothing for me to take advantage of. I’ve earned a tiny amount on MTurk, but I can’t use it because of Amazon’s policy, except on, like I said, books and DVDs, I don’t need and don’t want (I have enough of both). Since I don’t believe in buying random stuff I don’t care about, it just rots there.
    And MyLot? I only have 28 posts, not 29, but my earnings come up at 1.71 cents per post. To reach my minimum desired target, I would have to post once every 30 seconds with current average quality and length (about 300 characters). Eight hours a day, not including breaks, every single day. The site’s lag alone prevents this. Never mind that I am not a machine. Of course, since I do agree that using many sites instead of just one, this is oversimplification. If MyLot is representative in terms and effort and time versus compensation, I’m fresh out of luck.

I have applied for several work-at-home transcription jobs in my day (risque, since I doubt I have the patience for it), but I was rejected before I could find out either way.

Anyway, I have learned not only from my experience but from others’ as well that the mathematics of failure does not have to end in “= 0″. Not enough is still not enough, no matter how high or low one’s definition of enough is, and you will probably agree that mine is more than low enough.

Rafael,

Well if you’ve been told you’re a decent writer, do you realize how many writing opportunities we list on our site every week:

Try applying for these jobs and you can start making the type of money you want. That is the one job I’m happy to say is in great demand and we always have new opportunities available. There are also sites like associatedcontent.com, helium.com, ehow.com, etc and many more that will pay you based on views.
      The freelance job sites has tons of these opportunities available as well.

So you actually have a lot more options than you think. That’s assuming you don’t talk yourself out of it or make up an excuse as to why you can’t apply to these jobs.
      So focus your efforts on what your talent happens to be which seems to be writing.

Hope this helps.

10. Rafael says

Hello from Romania! I’ve been mucking about your site for years, literally, and I’ve read this page and most of the others more than once. Seeing how I spend a lot of time on the ‘Net I’ve been trying to make money off it all that time. Being an anti-talent with marketing and not nearly competitive enough to freelance hasn’t helped me. Neither has the fact that, though by no means computer illiterate I am utterly clueless about programming and site design. Combined with the fact that I don’t follow the news and the marketing bit that means most people here could blog better than me while unplugging their keyboards.

Still, given the high unemployment and lousy salaries in my country, as well as my de jure lack of any skills at all, the ‘Net is still probably my best shot at an income.

What I have tried with some measure of “success” is Mechanical Turk, where I did 42 hits, mostly transcription work and short articles. I have been paid for all of them, 0 rejections, however this only toted up to less than 25$ (a ridiculous sum given the fact that the 42 hits took an average of cca 30 minutes each, with the obligatory wild variations). What is more, I cannot even get that money into my paypal account thanks to their policy. Serves me right, probably, for not paying attention, but I can still get a few dvd’s or books with it (probably just 1-2 items lol). Not that I want either.

Anyway, transcription is not going to make me any serious money, not without killing me. I don’t think I should disclose any details but let’s just say that trying to decipher 5 minutes of people speaking over each other, occasionally saying things that make a fool’s ears bleed, for very low pay, wears the nerves rather quickly.

Right now, I’m on MyLot and in 3 days I made 45 cents from I think 29 posts, some of them pretty big. I actually posted for help there as well, and despite my express and unequivocal statement that I was looking for something other than blogging and freelancing that is all they could come up with (I’m not counting the guy who offered me 3 paid-click sites, of which one is either defunct or not available in Romania, and the other 2 have at least one foot in the grave).

There were, both here and on myLot discussions, also these IMO-equivalent-to-freelancing sites where you post articles and if people view them you get paid. I am saying “paid” generously because it was 0.1 cents a view so while there are, again, people who can write tons of popular articles and have more referrals than God, there is absolutely no reason why there should be many of them, or why they should include someone like me who is anything but a people person.

Depending on the time I manage to spend actually earning, I do need 2-5 dollars to the worked hour to really make my time worth it. At least 2 anyway. This is probably laughable to you but, again, I have no referrals and I have very good reasons to suspect I won’t any time soon, and all the most common avenues seem to be closed to me. Also, I need to start earning soon because I will have some serious expenses next year, not all of them in the latter semester, and time is running out. Long-term stuff can wait, and I’ve already started my “pension” fund (which also needs attention). I have no capital, obviously, so I can’t go around taking courses (I am quite sick of school anyway, but different story) or starting businesses.

I should probably mention that I am not trying to make up excuses, an argument which has been thrown at me in the past. It’s not my policy to make excuses for rejecting opportunities for revenue. Also, I do not care if I use 1 site or 100, as long as navigating between them doesn’t eat too much of my work time.

Sorry for the wall o’ text. With all this in mind, do I stand a chance of making even those 2 measly dollars an hour in the very near future (certainly starting this year)? If so, how?

Hi,

Honestly you have avenues that you’re just not really fully taking advantage of. I really don’t know what else to tell you. You are making money with the activities you’re taking. You may not feel it’s worth your time but the alternative is not making any money at all. I just think you just need to re-evaluate how you’re looking at these options and taking full advantage of them until you’re at a point where you can make more of the money you want. But I think the argument that has been thrown your way has some validity. Because the folks that I know who are making money ar doing one of the following.

1. Doing so via a traditional work at home job.
      2. Running a business.
      3. Getting involved in multiple streams of traditional and non traditional opportunities.
      4. A combination of them all.

The fact of the matter is there are various ways to make money in this industry. But you need to be open to them all to succeed. This is especially the case when you don’t have the money to invest in your training or lack the skills that are in demand. You really just need to take anything that earns you something at at this point. The only people that have the luxury of being picky are people that have a lot money to burn. Sorry if this isn’t what you want to hear but based on what I’ve read it’s the reality of your situation. Good luck to you.

11. christopher says

What if I am an american citizen with U.S. paypal, a U.S bank account but want to do online work from a different country…but have the money deposited in my U.S accounts? will companies be willing to classify me as in the U.S. Thanks

HAY BARBARA plz tell me those webs name through wich u have earned if u wanna make it confidential then plz reply at my e mail i m waiting for ur reply hope u will assist me n help me out.thanks

13. Brittany Sanchez says

This is an amazing list..! I have many friends who have had to relocate to Mexico because their husbands have immigration bans or are backlogged in processing. Thanks for your obviously extensive time & effort in compiling this list..!!

14. Tania says

Hi Eddy,

I am looking for a virtual assistant job. I am trilingual (English, French and Arabic) and have been working over 15 years as an administrative assistant. Any help or advice is highly appreciated. I have decided to become a stay at home mum after giving birth recently.

Thanks in advance.
    Tania

15. Obadare Pius says

I am a Nigerian staying in Nigeria,is there any international work at home for someone in my region?I currently work as a technician repairing mobile phones,I also use to teach o’level mathematics

Did you actually read the article above and try the resources listed? If you’re serious about working at home, I would suggest going back, reading the article and trying the links suggested. Good luck.

16. janine says

hi! im from the philippines and i want to make money online. problem is im only 16. :(. do you know something that could help me. i BADLY need money this month and the many following months. :(. or do you just know some site or whatever that pays me for blogging??? coz im not allowed at adsense coz im underage. :((

Hi Janine,

Unfortunately I doubt you qualify for any of these online jobs. That being said, give the resources we listed in the article above a try. You won’t know unless you actually try them.

17. Minh Hang says

Hi,Eddy
    Thanks for answer me.
    I have a little confused.
    I am now living in CA, i can not find where in the information that u sent to me indicate that permit international student work online ?! Can you plz explain more clearly for me?
    Because i really want to do this interseting job :)

Visit the sites recommended in that article and ask them directly. Most of those freelance websites don’t care if you’re an international student or not. They just want to know that you can do the work and they will pay you via paypal.

18. seth penda says

Hi Eddy i just want to say a big thank you to you especially your rendering these services free of charge this is something i would so much love to do because i believe there is much hapiness in giving than in receiving but as a tailor i just cant afford the time once again thanks and keep the good work

19. Ana says

Hi Barbara,

I know you’re on vaca in sunny Fla. Just wanted to say thank you for your advice. I had just wondered where you found 90 survey sites! Was that all just by googling? So even with 90 sites you couldn’t make it with surveys. Not surprised at all. But I have every intention of signing up with guru, elance and every other freelance site I can.

Great advice, Eddy, about charging less at the beginning. And yes, I have been advised many times by well-meaning people (usually motivational types) to charge high even at the beginning in order not to “undercharge.” But your comment made far, far more sense. One has to pay dues first.

With only 2 online testimonials under my belt — and I’m not even sure how to put up samples from those jobs — what right would I have to charge as high as someone with 5 years of Web writing experience and numerous clips and references??

And, lastly, what would you advise for someone who’s just starting out freelancing and has no published samples at all? I’m not sure even lower bids would help … Would you want to hire someone completely untested?

Have a great one,
    Ana

Hey Ana,

I can only speak for myself in terms of your questions but here goes.
      When I hire a freelancer from these sites I just look at the rating system and then read what was said by the past companies that hired them. I’m not so much looking for sample in that ratings area. I just want to say
      that companies that have used a couple freelancers on the site have given the freelancer I’m considering some good feedback. I look at the freelancers ratings and see if there are other companies that have had similar projects as me.
      If they did and have rated the freelancer I’m considering well for those projects then I’m more inclined to hire them provided the price is right and there isn’t someone else that has even more experience and at a better price. So these are the factors I take into consideration.

In terms of actually samples, it all depends on the nature of the work. Some stuff is very technical and might be a bug that I needed fixed on my site. So in respects to that I might try to find a freelancer that seems to have a lot of wordpress experience since that’s the platform I use to manage my site. If this person has done a lot of wordpress related tasks and received very good ratings then again I’m inclined to hire them. But in many cases as I’m looking at the bids of many freelancers I’ll contact the ones that I’m considering directly and ask them to provide a sample of what they’ve done if its possible such as an article they wrote which could be online or a word document that they can upload to google documents. Or if I’m looking for a designer they usually can provide the url of the websites they have designed in the past. So there trust me if an employer wants samples he’ll ask you. I wouldn’t be too worried about it. Most of us look
      at the ratings and the comments.

Another thing I like to do is give certain freelancers a minor test first just to see if they have the basics to do what I need. So I might post a bs project related to what I need that doesn’t pay much. Then if I say if one of the freelancers I picked did a great job. I later just give them a bigger project. So we have ways to figure out who’s good or not. When you’re really good the company may skip the whole post the project thing and contact you directly after working with you and offer you a more permanent gig. I know I’m still working with a few technical people that I found from freelance sites. I don’t even bother bidding anymore. I contact them first and offer them whatever they feel is reasonable because they’ve proven to be good.

In terms of the competition and their experience. Don’t worry about them so much. Just start low & build up your ratings. That will eventually determine what you can charge people. As I said I’m looking at the freelancers past ratings and will then ask for samples if necessary. I don’t really look at their years of experience. To me you’re only as good as what the last couple of companies have said about you publicly on these sites. This may or may not be the case for other companies
      but most of us that hire freelancers on these sites are savvy enough to know that “the years of experience” don’t necessarily amount to better work. It’s just one of many indicators to take into consideration.

As for your last question, you won’t know unless you try. All those freelancers that have great ratings were once you. They just put themselves out there, stayed persistent and let the chips fall where they may. This is no different than any competitive gig. You have to put yourself out there, get knocked down a few times, pick yourself up and come back for more. I’ve never hired any one without a rating but that’s me. I’m more experienced and know exactly what I want out of a freelancer. But there are many companies that will give a newbie a try. If you want to increase your chances of getting picked offer up samples of what you can do in your bids. There are so many free websites that allow you to post your articles and show examples of your work. Put some of your best work there and provide the url to some of this stuff in your bids.

Another tip is to be very specific and personal with your bids. That’s a big secret that freelancers also ignore. When I place I project I’m extremely specific about what I want. So when I get a canned bids that I see this person uses on every project, I tend to ignore it especially if I asked a specific question. So if someone responds with something like I can do this for you, or “sirs we’ve been doing this for 3 years and would like to service you”, I’m out and on to the next freelancer.
      The freelancer that places a bid such as:

“Hey username, I’ve read your project description and feel confident I can help you. It should take me only a day. I actually have written similar articles for another client. I’ve taken the liberty of posting a similar article on MyUrlOnSomeFreeSite.com/MySampleDocumentHireMe.html so you can review my work. Although I’m new here I have been doing this for a bit of time. I hope to work with you Username. Thanks for your consideration.”

When I read stuff like that I feel this person has attention to detail and has actually taken the time to read the project and not just some joe schmoe that is trying to bid on every project regardless if they’re really capable or not. They also provide a sample that they’ve uploaded without even me asking that is related to project. So that builds the stacks in favor of the freelancer that did a little more than everyone else. So that’s the type of stuff that wows me and I feel confident gets the attention of other companies like myself.

So feel free to run with this or not. Good luck.

20. NIKKI says

Hello I just wanted to say I think what your doing is GREAT : ) I am a singel mom of a little boy who is ill and it has been very hard for me to keep a job out side of my home we have been threw alot and I have been surching for something I could do from home so I can care for him THANK-YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO DO THIS WISH ME LUCK AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Hi

I have registered with a few of the companies you provided online one is ODesk. I have placed a bid for the first time so i will give you feedback on this one as soon as i have a result.

Thanks for providing the information for these companies as you know anyone can say they are looking out for scams but proving it is another thanks again.

I will continue to view your site!!

Hi Kim,

You’re welcome. I look forward to hearing your progress. Just keep in mind that freelance sites can be very competitive since you’re pretty much competing against the world. So don’t get discouraged if you don’t get a job right away. When I hire folks from freelance sites I’m always looking for freelancers with good ratings. Freelancers that are new may have a harder time because you have no real references in terms of the actual freelance site. So you may want to take a few jobs for a lower amount than what you would usually accept. This way you can get your foot in the door and start building up some positive feedback. Then as you become more established then you’ll be able to demand higher rates. Most people do just the opposite and usually fail as a result.

The other thing to keep in mind is not to put all your eggs in one basket. Be sure you’re signed up to multiple freelance websites and bid on many projects you’re qualified for. Some freelance sites are better than others. You won’t really be able to gauge this unless you’re on all of them. You may also make more money that way. Hopefully these additional tips will help you.

By the way I totally agree with you about all these sites claiming they’re not scams. I’ve been fortunate enough that I have the social proof in the way of user comments, the media and other websites that back up my assertions. I always get annoyed when I visit a work at home site and they have these logos of news outlets as if to imply they’ve actually been featured or recommended by the shows. But you’ll notice they never actually have a link to these so called recommendations as I do:

So it’s pretty easy to spot the fakers. I’m far from perfect and I’m still working on things to improve my site for my users but I feel confident in saying I have helped a good number of people either make money or avoid scams.

Thanks again for chiming in.

22. Barbara says

Hi Ana,

I signed up on two survey listings, if Eddy allows me to I’ll disclose their names, but in the meantime just Google something like “paid surveys” and you’ll get some interesting results.
    I’ve actually given up on the whole survey thing, I earned almost no money because most of the international companies give away lottery tickets and “points”.

If you live outside the US like I do, think about becoming a freelancer. I’ve been on Guru since June and tomorrow I’m leaving for a weeks vacation in Florida thanks to the money I’ve been earning there :)

Best of luck to you Ana!
    cheers
    Barbara

My Bad Megan,

I wasn’t actually able to read the site content. But you’re right it is a freelance website and I’ve updated the information to reflect this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Hey Barbara,

Feel free to mention the legitimate international survey sites that you’ve used. Thanks for asking. I appreciate that. I guess I was correct that freelance sites are the way to go for international folks considering your success. Thanks for sharing.
      May it serve as inspiration to others.

Thank you very much Eddy for your such a prompt and specific reply! I am in the process of registering with the site and uploading some of my artworks there. Please inform me if anything else like this comes to your notice. I too am trying at my end and found some sites like http://www.artbreak.com and http://www.imagekind.com. Could you comment on performance and genuineness of these sites. Thank you

Hi Eddy! Your page on international/other than US work from home opportunities is really an admirable effort. It is something people like me have been waiting for a long. Thank you a lot for that! I went through almost all the sites listed there and ended up registering myself with most of them. That will serve my purpose a great deal but not completely. Actually, I happen to be a cartoonist/illustrator/artist and I am looking for a genuine site who will buy them or find customers for my artwork. I have already tried a few sites who work on commission (that is fine with me), but they do not seem to work hard to sell the artworks. Could you please help in this regard? I hope you can. I just want a few sites who will genuinely put some effort to sell my artwork and pay me genuinely (commission is no problem). Waiting eagerly for a positive reply. Thank you very much once again.

Aparup,

You’re welcome. Etsy.com is known as a marketplace to sell artistic stuff. So you may want to try there. Other than that and the information listed in the article above, that’s all I have. Sorry.

25. gabriel says

Hello Eddy, I’dlike to ask you if I have any chance to find something for work somewhere..
    I’m from Romania and, to all appearances, only U.S. or Canadian citizens find something to work here …

Hi Gabriel,

All I have is what you see listed in the article above. I would encourage you to try the freelance sites. They tend to be open to many countries.
      Good luck.

26. Erik says

Hello, Eddy. Thank you so much for your site. Your honesty and actuall willness to help peaple is so fantastic. I have been looking for a way to earn money at home for a very long time, and so far all I have found were peaple who just want to lie and steal from me. It has been very depressing and sometimes very exspensive. Anyway I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice. I am a American with a U.S bank account, but at the moment I am living in New Zealand. I have internet connection at home. Can you suggest any oppurtunity that would be good for me to try?? If you could make any suggestions I know its not a guarentee and I wouldnt hold it agiants you personnally if it didnt work out. Could you suggest anything ? What you are doing for peaple is really great. Cheers, Erik

A BIG THANKS to Eddy Saloman .
    Anyone reading this and honestly looking for work should check out http://www.odesk.com
    If it wasnt for Eddy I would probably still be unemployed .I live in New Zealand and I know just how hard it is to try and work for American Companies whilst living outside of the USA .Since Eddy introduced me to ODESK within 2 weeks I am now employed working remotely from home for a company based in Chicago .
    I can honestly say you wont get rich but you can earn a modest living .

Once again thanks Eddy for showing me the way !

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for taking time out your day to let me know you were able to work at home because of our advice. I really appreciate.